Ch. 18 | CCT tower

A/n: I am kind of back? Anyways I hope you enjoy this chapter, I will try to update every so often but right now I am trying to apply to Uni and I think that's my priority.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A man stood in-front of a fountain in beacon grounds. The fountain was to the south of the auditorium which was where the party would take place. The man had light brown hair and reddish brown eyes, he wore a white shirt with a beige/brown blazer along with a red tie. He wore formal pants and shoes along with his blazer and tie, making him look like a business. He wore the mask of a crow with a small beak which was not longer than a small eraser.

The brunette stared at a beautiful girl wearing a turtleneck sleeveless red dress with her back exposed, the dress matched her hair while her eyes matched the emerald earrings she wore. She wore the mask of a red panda which covered her face until her nose and mouth which were exposed.

She seemed to be lost as she looked left and right for something she could not find. Walking up to her, the boy smirked and took her hand. The girl aggressively turned around and got into a defensive stance as she stared at the Brunette's eyes. "I do believe this is the opposite of how we met in Kindergarten." The boy said, making the red-haired spartan narrow her eyes in confusion as she stared at the man's dull brown eyes.

"Light?" She asked getting closer to his face to check if it was really who she thought it was.

"Well yes... That is my name." The boy answered in a flat and monotonous, but at the same time amused tone. The girl wrapped her arms around the boy and hugged him close.

"It's been so long since I've seen you outside a room in a hotel or apartment!" She declared happily. The boy awkwardly wrapped his arms around her and patted her back, not knowing exactly what to do in such a situation.

"And yea, this is a bit different from our meeting in Kindergarten." She giggled, letting him go and putting a hand on her mouth to cover her fit of laughter.

"Because after I tried to tap your shoulder you kicked my face." She said rubbing her nose unconsciously, the boy nodded at the statement and then reached out his arm, inviting her to the dance.

"Would you like to accompany me to the dance?" He asked. Pyrrha took his hand and then hooked her arm with his as they made their way to the auditorium.

"I see you put on the earrings I gave you." Light said. Pyrrha nodded and walked towards the entrance of the dance-room, where a woman holding a rifle on her hand stood guard. She looked at the two and took out a scanner from her pocket. The scanner was small and looked like one of the scanners used for groceries in a market.

"Invitation and ID please." She said, looking at both of them take out their invitation and their ID.

"Light Yagami, alright." She scanned Light's invitation which held a small barcode on the bottom and nodded, the guard then took Pyrrha's invitation and scanned it. "Pyrrha Nikos, alright. You two may go inside, enjoy the party." She said as the two walked inside the dance, where many different people danced together wearing masks, or talked near the punch. The music stopped and all of them looked at the two who had just arrived. This was one of the only instances where Light was not walking hunched, and had his back straightened. Usually Light would be 178cm tall, however when he walked straight it increased his height to 190cm, which was almost 10 cm taller than Pyrrha.

"Oh my god, who's the tall guy next to Pyrrha?" Some girls whispered, looking at Light walk past them with Pyrrha hooked on his arm.

"Look at you Mr Popular." Pyrrha whispered into Light's ear. The boy simply looked at her with the corner of his eyes and then looked forwards again.