Ch. 20: Dancing Gaze

A/n: Yes, my update is late, sorry about that. I meant to update this literally a month or so ago, but I've been too busy because life loves to kick me right in the dick, anyways, hope you enjoy this chapter. It's more of a set up for the future, but I still hope you like it. 

================================================================================================================================================================

L continued his search for Cinder, he looked at every entrance, at every window, at every balcony while dancing, making sure his friend didn't notice his behavior, glancing at her once in a while, and staring at her for a few seconds before going back to his search.

It was finally close to the end of the ball and L saw her finally enter, she was inside the ballroom once again, wearing a formal black evening gown that has black glass designs. Light looked at Pyrrha. The music stopped, and with it so did they, the two looked at each other for a few seconds.

Suddenly, after the music stopped other men started surrounding Pyrrha, asking her to dance with them.

"You must be Pyrrha Nikos am I right? Would you give me this dance?" they'd ask, "I'd be honored to dance with you." they'd say. While she was busy choosing the less arrogant one of the group, Light went towards Cinder, who had entered the room recently.

L walked to her and stopped right in front of her. "Hello, would you give me this dance?" he said, extending his arm to Cinder, who slightly narrowed her eyes and took it.

"Of course." She said, taking Light's hand and then walking towards the front of the room.

"Do you go to Beacon?" asked Cinder, making the boy shake his head, "No, I am a guest, invited to this party," said Light, dancing with Cinder. The both of them locked eyes and kept eye contact.

"Oh? How old are you?" she asked.

"I am seventeen, but what about you, are you a guest also?" questioned Light, making Cinder shake her head and smile his way, a smile which L knew hid secrets underneath.

"Me? I guess you could say that." answered Cinder, she glanced around the room for a few seconds before locking eyes with L again, "I come from Haven." answered Cinder.

"Is that so? What is your favorite subject there, I hear that it is quite famous for its climbing classes." Light said, looking at Cinder who narrowed her eyes.

"No, I'd say I like combat training more, and I can't say I remember there being climbing classes," she told him.

"Oh, must have been my mistake," apologized Light, looking her in the eyes and then asking another question, "I've heard a lot of things about Haven, they've told me before that professor Lionheart is an old tiger Faunus," I said, making Cinder raise her eyebrow.

"I think you are mixing up some things," she said, looking at Light.

"Is that so?" He questioned Light, dancing around the interrogation room which had replaced the previous dancefloor. His eyes were locked into her, digging any kind of possible information he could.

"Yes, the professor is not that old, and he is a lion Faunus," she said, giving a small snicker.

"What is so funny?" asked the detective.

"It's just that he can be quite cowardly," answered Cinder with a small grin. Hearing this L's lips tugged upwards, "In fact, he spends most of his time in his office shaking,"

"Oh, well is it true he uses a pistol-like weapon?" asked Light, making Cinder shake her head, "No, as far as I am aware he uses a shield with dust compartments," she answered.