Being Happy

They really are complete idiots if they didn't see this coming.

I can't help but laugh at them.

"Just like I planned."

All three of them look very shocked at what's happening.

"What are you talking about Dawn?"

Do I really have to explain this all to them?

"Isn't it obvious? It's like I said, I'm not an idiot. Do you really think that I was just sitting around having fun? Waiting for you to figure out what was going on? So you could come along and stop me?"

I make my way across the seal, moving closer to Faith.

"As much fun as I had with you, I made sure to have fun with some other people along the way."

Reaching out, I play with the long red locks of Willow's hair.

God this was so much fun to play with.

"Like Willow here... not that she remembers it. Which is a shame, because it was a lot of fun."

Willow tries to move but she can't.

"And it gave me a good opportunity to make plans. Just the way we are now."

My idiot sister tries to come back at me.

"You made her into your puppet?"

Again I have to laugh at that.

It's so funny she says that.

"In more ways than one."

Willow manages to get out a little moment.

"Dawn... what..."

I start moving forward again towards my girlfriend.

"It's like I said Willow, you don't remember it. I'm not a monster."

Almost as if on cue, someone else comes in.

"Could've fooled me."

I turn to see Xander standing there, which makes me smile.

"What are you doing Dawn? This isn't you."

That makes me roll my eyes and take a deep breath as he tries to find a position on what I guess is a kind of battlefield.

Why do they keep thinking that way? It's really annoying.

"None of you get it. You never really understood me. No matter what I did or how hard I tried, you never figured it out."

Xander comes back at that.

"Figured what out?"

I guess it's time to go there for him.

I snap my fingers again, like I did with Willow. But this time Anya walks through. Xander looks at me and I can't help but enjoy the confusion on his face, trying to figure out what I'm about to do. Turning my attention to Anya, we find each other's eyes.

"Do it."

Exactly like with Willow, Anya moves on auto pilot, pulling out a knife as she speaks.

"I'm... I'm sorry Xander... I..."

Then she plunges the knife into her stomach and pulls it out, collapsing onto the floor as she bleeds. Xander's immediate reaction is to go to Anya.

"An, honey... baby..."

He grabs her to him, trying to figure out how to save her.

Too bad he can't... or himself.

"Anya?"

At my words, Anya stabs Xander in the shoulder with the same knife she stabbed herself with, making him start to bleed out with her. My sister tries to appeal to my 'better self'.

"Dawn... don't do this. You're better than this."

I turn to her with a smile.

"No, I'm not. And neither are any of you. I'm just the only one willing to admit to it."

Again the obvious thing happens behind me.

"I'll admit it."

I turn around to see the idiot wanna be hero standing there as the next person to try and challenge me.

"I've always seen the monster that you are."

I laugh at his words.

"Oh come on, because of me you got yourself a piece of a hot slayer like Faith. Would a monster give you something like that?"

Faith tries to push back.

"It is when you didn't give us a choice. When we didn't even know who we were doing it with."

How pathetic is that?

"It's not like you were blind or tied down... although that might have been fun. You know you loved it."

Connor tries to make a move and right as he's about to, I snap my fingers again. Quickly, Angel comes in and tackles the wanna be hero.

This is just too easy. I just hope that it gives me what I want in the end.

I get a few feet from Faith and enjoy the sight of her held against the wall.

She's so helpless. It's kind've a turn on. If this ends up going a different way then I'm hoping, I'll have to try it out. Maybe with Willow's help.

"Anyone else you want to throw at me?"

Like it was part of a plan, it happens.

"Just me."

I turn around to see Pike standing in front of the entrance.

Really? Okay, fine...

To fix this, I snap my fingers again, where Kennedy and Giles come up behind him and put themselves between him and me.

"You and your stupid morality won't let you hurt two innocent people under my control just to beat me."

That Pike guy looks uncertainly between Kennedy and Giles, and the scene I've created in front of him.

They're so obvious.

I turn back to Faith, who is staring at me with sadness.

"What?"

She doesn't respond.

"Do you have some words of wisdom to give me? Some big speech to make me feel sad? Make me regret all the bad things I've done? Get all weepy for you?"

I close the distance between us, getting so close that I can press myself lightly against her, our eyes locked on each other.

"Are you going to try and save me?"

There's a long silence between us, her just staring directly into my soul. Eventually, she speaks.

"No..."

A sharp pain hits me and my whole body freezes.

"I'm not."

When the shock wears off, I realize that the pain is in my chest. Getting some feeling back in the rest of my body, I start to stumble back, looking down to see a knife in my chest.

Oh my god... it actually happened.

Stumbling back even more, it's hard to breathe and I start to feel weak.

They actually went through with it.

I look up at Faith as she starts to come off the wall, able to move again. I can't help but smile at her.

"You finally did it."

I cough up blood as I stumble back more.

"Thank you."

Every part of me goes weak and I fall backwards, but I feel her arms around me as she lowers me down safely to the ground. The cold metal of the seal feels good against my back.

It feels right.

Our eyes meet as she looks down at me. There's nothing but love staring back at me as she speaks.

"I'm sorry."

Again I smile at her, coughing up what feels like blood.

"I know... it's okay."

She starts to cry as my sister comes up next to her and I let her know that it's okay by smiling at her too, before going back to the woman I love.

"This is what I wanted... I wanted... it to be... you..."

Things start to get dark as I cough a couple more times.

"I... wanted you... to... kill me..."

My body feels weaker with every passing second.

"It feels right."

She puts a hand on my cheek.

"I love you."

I smile at her.

"I love you too."

She leans down and I feel her lips on mine, just as everything goes dark.

This feels right. I'm finally happy.

 I'm finally happy