23 | i do

just a little over a year later gus and ava stood at the alter, hand in hand waiting to say their vows.

"gustav, do you take ava to be your lawful wedded wife?" the officiant asked "i do" gus said. "ava, do you take gustav to be your lawful wedded husband?" the officiant asked ava, "i do" she said. "do you promise to love and to cherish her, in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, for better or worse, and forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto her, for as long as you both shall live?" the officiant asked gus, "i do" he said. "do you promise to love and to cherish him, in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, for better or worse, and forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto him, for as long as you both shall live?" he asked ava, "i do" she said. "do you together promise in the presence of your friends and family that you will at all times and in all circumstances, conduct yourself toward one another as becomes husband and wife?" he asked them. "we do" ava and gus both responded. "do you together promise you will love, cherish and respect one another throughout the years?" he asked them, "we do" they both responded.

ava felt a few tears fall from her eyes, wiping them carefully to not smear her makeup. gus stood with tears beginning to well in his eyes as well, looking at his soon to be wife. "i now pronounce you, husband and wife. you may kiss your bride" he told gus, he kissed her with passion, holding her by the waist. their commitment to one another finally becoming official. "i love you" ava said through tears, "i love you more" gus said, a tear finally falling from his eye.

"ladies and gentlemen i give you, mr and mrs åhr!" the officiant said. gus and ava linked hands as they walked down the aisle, this time as a married couple. ava chose audrey to be her maid of honour, gus had smoke as his best man. the whole wedding was done in white, light grey and light pink. the day had been perfect thus far, the love had between ava and gus could be felt by everyone.

ava's dress was stunning, it had a lace bodice with thin straps and an a-line tulle skirt with lace detailing and a long matching train. she left her long blonde hair down, with some loose waves towards the bottom. gus couldn't stop staring at her, he knew he wanted this moment from the first time he met her. he always knew she was special. seeing ava walk down the aisle took his breath away, she looked absolutely stunning.

gus truly did feel like the happiest man in the world with ava officially being his wife. ava stayed by gus' side the whole night, she loved gus more than anything in the world and she felt complete now. there was nothing in the world that she wanted more than to be with gus, he was her everything. he made her proud to be his everyday. he was the most caring, loving, funny, talented, selfless and driven person she had ever met.

gus looked at ava, smiling uncontrollably. "what?" she asked, "nothing, just keep remembering i get to spend the rest of my life with you" gus told her. "here's to the rest of our lives, together" ava said, clinking their glasses of sparkling juice. ava and gus chose to not serve any alcohol at their wedding, to keep gus in the right track of recovery as he was doing so well.

during the reception gus and ava tried to stay together as much as possible but occasionally got pulled aside talking to people. "hey aves" smoke pulled her aside "yeah what's up?" she asked him. "well first off, congratulations and you look great. i just wanted to come to you and say thank you. gus is my best friend and i don't know what i would do without him, you saved him. honestly, you did. he probably wouldn't be here if it weren't for you so i just wanted to thank you for all you've done for him. i know you love him and i know he loves you so much and would do absolutely anything for you, so thank you for just being you and finding him and saving him" smoke told her "you're so sweet, thank you for being there for me as well, you've ended up being like a brother. i'm so glad he's ended up where he is, i was really scared for a bit that he wasn't gonna pull himself through" ava said.

she watched gus from across the room, the coloured lights occasionally catching his face and turning his blonde hair whatever colour the light was that time. she could practically see the joy radiating off of him as he talked to his friends, she loved watching his eyes and nose scrunch up as he smiled and laughed with the guys. he was truly happy, and she could see that.

at the end of the night, gus and ava got into bed like they would any other night. "how do you feel mrs. åhr?" gus asked, using her newly taken last name. "beyond happy. today was perfect, i love you more everyday" ava said to gus. "i'm sorry that i ever hurt you in the past, but i'm yours for the rest of our lives and i will do anything to keep you happy" gus said, he had been doing well for a year now but he just wanted her to know that he was still truly sorry for hurting her all that time ago. "shh, it's okay. we've got a new different life now" ava said, she had moved on from the dark place of the first tour. there were even better days to come, gus' music would continue to blow up and they would finally buy a house and move out of gus' apartment.

"i love you gustav elijah åhr" ava told him, looking him in the eye "i mean it" she said. "i love you too, you'll never be alone again. you're my everything and my whole world aves" gus said to her.

a/n
THATS IT!!! it's over

what did you guys think of the whole thing? i'd love to hear any feedback or thoughts or anything!!

chapter question: literally just tell me what u thought of the book i'm super curious :)