𝟬𝟭𝟬. 𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗠𝗜𝗟𝗬

I wake up to find myself in my hammock, and Thomas is gone. Cute. I stretch and then get up. I see Thomas carving his name into the wall, I smile and then see Newt. "Hello, sunshine." He says, and I can't help, but smile. "Well, hello, clouds of rain" I say, and he chuckles.

"Here you go, Minho's over there." He says while pointing at Minho, who's peacefully eating. I groan and walk over to Minho. "Hello babysitter." I say and sit down, sighing. "He he. So, how are you and Thomas, came up with a ship name yet?" I frown and chuckle while eating my apple.

"Huh, no. What do you think about emay? Thomily?" He chuckles and shrugs. "I like Thomily better, but both suck." He says, and I nod in agreement. We stand up to join Newt, Zart, and Thomas. "Hey Newt, Thomas, Zart."

"Hey, Shanks thomily." Minho says while he looks at Thomas and I chuckle. I cough while saying the word 'asshole.''

"Where were you guys talking about?" I ask, curious and looking at them. "I was just telling Thomas that we've tried everything he could think of twice." I just nod and sigh. "So the only way out here is through the maze." I nod again and Newt sighs.

"Now, look, go dig us up some more fertiliser." What is that? Thomas walks away and I check him out. "We slept together." I say and focus my attention to Newt. "Wait what?" Minho asks and I chuckle.

"We didn't have sex you idiot. We literally slept next to each other outside. When I woke up I woke up in my hammock and Thomas was carving his name." I say and chuckle. "You should carve your name some time, I think you're a real glader now, don't you think?" I glare at him, but nod, it is true.

"He was a real sweetheart though." I go back to the previous subject and look at Newt and then at Minho, then back at Newt. .

"Oh, what is it now?" I ask while crossing my arms. "We think it's sweet you have a crush on Tommy." I chuckle and shake my head in disbelief.

"You know people have this switch in themselves to turn their emotions off?" I say and smile. "Don't make me turn off mine." I say and Minho just smiles. "Aren't they already?" He asks and my jaw drops. "Slinthead!" I hiss playfully and then I hear yelling, from Thomas.

"Hey!" He yells and I frown. "Help!" He yells 4 times and I see Newt grabbing a stick and then I see Thomas fall down. "I'll kill you!" Ben yells and then Newt hits him. Everyone keeps Ben down and I see Thomas panting.

"Yo what the hell happened?" Fry asks and I look at Thomas. "He just attacked me." Thomas responds and then Alby comes. "Alright lift his shirt, lift his shirt." Ben starts apologising and someone lifts his shirt.

"No, no, please, please." He begs and I just look at him. "He's been stung, in the middle of the day?" Gally asks and I look at him. "Help me please, please. Please just help." I feel tears fill up my eyes while looking at him. "Put him in the pit." Alby orders, and I just stare at Ben. Poor boy, he never deserved this.

. . .

"So, what happened to him?" Thomas asks, sitting next to Alby on his left and Chuck on his right, and in front of me. I just stare down listening to the conversation, occasionally sniffing and letting a tear fall. "It's called the Changing. It's what happens when someone gets stung." I see Chuck and Thomas looking at Alby when he stops, and I do too, but then he looks at me, and I quickly look down again.

"Listen. We haven't been able to get a clear word out of Ben since it happened. You know he's not making any sense, and it's only gonna get worse." I look up and lean my head back against the tree I'm sitting against.

"The infection is spreading. He's dangerous." I look at Alby and open my mouth to speak, causing Alby to look at me. "I thought you only got stung in the night." I say, and Alby just nods.