𝟬𝟮𝟱. 𝗖𝗨𝗧𝗘, 𝗖𝗨𝗧𝗘, 𝗖𝗨𝗧𝗘

"Are you sure, Emily? he asks me and I nod. "We can't let them kill everyone we know, Thomas." I say and look down. "If we pretend we're with them, they'll let us go and we can escape." I say and suddenly someone clears their throat. Quickly turning around I see Teresa. "Teresa, hi." I say, quickly looking at her, waiting for her to sit down. "We came up with a plan." I say and explain my plan.

"We have convinced them to go up into the maze okay? We did that, that was step one. But if we are the final ones, then at least we can make sure no one dies." I continue and they both nod. "After we're sent up, we're going undercover. Pretend we're with WCKD, but then help them escape. We have everything we need to know. We built that goddamn place." I chuckle and nod to myself. 

"It could work, but I need your word." I say and Thomas takes a deep breathe. "You have my word Emily. They're my friends." He says and we both look at Teresa. "Okay, let's do this." 

. . . 

"Cute, cute, cute," Thomas mumbles and I let out a small sigh. "What?" I whisper, opening my eyes. "You sleep like a block. We've been in this car for like an hour, but I'm glad you slept well," I groan and sit up, looking at Newt. I didn't remember anything this time, no memories, just black. "You told me you were going to wake me up!" I say and fake pout and Newt chuckles. "Yes, when it was necessary, and I tried, Thomas tried, even bloody Teresa tried," he says chuckling and Jorge stops the car.

"Wait... you're alive! Brenda is alive! Yay," I say and kiss him, out of the blue. He kisses me back and hugs me, looking at Brenda. "We need to talk for a minute," we get out and he takes my hand. "The owner of this car, he send me and Brenda in a club, he got us drunk and gave us shit, and I... I kissed Brenda," I frown and look at Brenda. "But I pulled back, because she wasn't you, and I told her that, quite literally. I said 'you're not her' but anyways, you can do with it what you want to, but I wanted to say the truth," I look down and nod.

"It's okay, it's not your fault," I say and shrug. "What?" He asks surprised. "Yeah, I've been angry for too long, at Teresa, you, now Brenda, I don't want to do it anymore, it makes me feel sick. Just... if you wanna be with Brenda, tell me," I say and he smiles. "I wanna be with you," he says and kisses me again.

"Me too," I say and he chuckles. "Good. Now let's go," Jorge says and I nod. "Well, I guess we're on foot," Jorge says and I finally notice the cars in front of us, blocking the small way for our car. We start to walk and I mostly look up, afraid something might happen.

We hear rumbling, well I do and then suddenly I hear gunshots. "Get down!" Jorge says and I get down, hiding against a car. "Take cover!" Newt says. I sit down next to Newt and Minho. "Hey is everyone okay out there?" Thomas asks and Teresa response. "We're fine!" She says and I look at Minho.

"Anyone know where those bloody shots came from?" Newt asks and er get no reply. Suddenly I hear more gunshots, I duck and look down. "Everybody, get set yo sprint back to the truck! And hold your ears!"

There is silence and suddenly I hear more voices, female voices. "On your feet, let's go!" She says and I see they have guns. "Put your hands in the air Emily," Newt hisses and I don't do it, too caught up looking at them.

"Emily!" He hisses and both Minho and Newt take one hand of mine and lift it up. "S-sorry," I whisper and the girls get closer. "Back up!" The girl says and Jorge and Thomas walks back. "Easy," Jorge says and the girl with brown hair points at us.

"You three over here, now!" She commands and we stand up, obeying. "Come on, let's go!" The other girl says, with bright blonde hair. "I recognise her..." I whisper to Newt. "Recognise?" He asks and he frowns. I don't know from where, I just do. "Don't be stupid move, slowly," she says and then lowers the gun.