🔰Chapter 19

Alexander's Pov

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●♤♡

I know I have made it clear to her several times through my actions that I have no feelings for her. But what my heart feels contradicts that, and with each passing day, as I try to push her out of my mind, the desire for her clings ever closer to my heart. I don’t understand why...

Seeing Oberon, one of my closest friends, steal glances at Aurora during the meeting—with an unmistakable look of attraction—ignited a possessive jealousy within me that I never knew I had. At that moment, all I wanted was to have her all to myself. I felt an overwhelming urge to announce that Aurora was my date for the opening dinner tonight.

When I made that declaration, I could see the surprise on her face. We both knew it was just a business date for appearances, but I didn’t care. I wanted Oberon to understand that I didn’t want him and his eager eyes near her.

I insisted she return to the hotel, even though I could tell she didn’t want to. I told her it was to rest and prepare for the dinner, but if only my heart could speak, she would know that wasn’t the real reason. After she left, I wrapped up the meeting myself.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●♤♡

Once I finished the meeting and a few private transactions, I moved to a new suite to prepare for the occasion. I wanted Aurora to have my suite all to herself so she could feel relaxed and comfortable while getting ready. I could have gone to Oberon’s suite since we’re close friends, but I didn’t want to hear him express his feelings for Aurora. I already sensed how he felt.

Before returning to the hotel, I had called a stylist in Thailand to deliver my attire to the new suite. When I finished getting ready, I messaged Olivier Louis to check if Aurora was prepared as well. His enthusiastic response reassured me.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○♤♡

Upon entering my hotel suite, I didn’t see Aurora. Just as I was about to head to her room, she opened her door and stepped out. When I finally laid eyes on her, it struck me: no matter how hard I tried to suppress my feelings, they always returned, more intense than before.

“Aurora?”

“Sir?” she responded, her voice reserved, avoiding eye contact. Her light crystal-brown eyes met mine for a brief moment, and I struggled to find the words to express how beautiful she looked. Instead, I stepped closer, fighting the urge to draw her in and kiss her, consumed by the passion I felt for her.

“You look gorgeous, Aurora,” I said softly.

“May I walk you down to dinner?” I asked calmly. She nodded and smiled warmly.

As I took her smooth, tender hand in mine, we walked hand in hand toward the hotel ballroom. I couldn’t resist the sensation of her skin against mine, nor her captivating scent that filled my senses, evoking fantasies of us together in a garden of roses.

🌺🌺🌺🌺💐💐💐🌺🌺🌺🌺
Hi, my lovely readers! I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I loved writing it. I’m super excited for what’s next!🥀