🔰chapter 8

Alexander Borgia's POV

When I got home after dropping Aurora off, I went straight to my room, showered, and headed down to my study. I had a few international business calls scheduled for that hour, set at specific times because of the time difference.

Once the calls were done, I tried to read through some new case files the firm had just taken on, but I couldn’t concentrate.

Aurora!. She was all I could think about. Bumping into her earlier stirred something inside me. Feeling her body against mine—her soft chest brushing up against me when we collided—felt so right. In that moment, I couldn’t let her fall. I had to hold her close. My mind raced in a million different directions, torn between the desire to kiss her and the restraint to let her go. I wanted so badly to taste her lips.

Her inky black eyelashes framed those deep brown eyes, wide with surprise. She hadn’t expected to bump into me, and I could tell without her needing to say a word.

Holding her sparked a protective instinct in me. That’s why I couldn’t allow her to drive home alone at that time of night. The thought of anything happening to her was unbearable. So I decided to drive her home myself.

Having her in the car, just the two of us, gave me another chance to admire her. Her face—so effortlessly beautiful. Her full, luscious Cupid’s bow lips were tempting, and her perfectly straight nose completed the picture. I knew I shouldn’t let my thoughts go there, but resisting was getting harder. Everything about Aurora drew me in, and the more I fought it, the stronger the feelings became. She didn’t even notice how much I admired her, and just thinking about her sent shivers down my spine.

But I can’t. I just can’t let myself feel this way. I need to get her out of my mind...and out of my heart. I can’t fall in love with her. She’s my employee—a brilliant lawyer. I won’t let my feelings ruin our work relationship. And besides, I noticed how she tried to keep some distance between us in the car. She probably doesn’t feel the same way about me. To her, I’m just her boss—nothing more.

Come to think of it, she’s so beautiful, she must already have someone in her life. And even if she didn’t...what if I hurt her? What if I break her heart like I did with the women before her?

Aurora is different. She’s special, delicate—like a rose or a jasmine flower. I could never forgive myself if I hurt her.

I have to stay away from her, create some distance, and make sure she never falls for me. She needs to see me as her boss—nothing more, nothing less. It might hurt, but I have to do this. It’s the only way to keep things from falling apart.

Hello everyone! Apologies for the long break! 💃 I hope you enjoyed this short chapter. Feel free to leave a comment if you'd like, and don't forget to vote! 🌸🌼