Sacrificing life and limb

After Takao's rescue the Roland,Herbert and the crew were preparing for an air show demonstration for Ashigara's destroyer class...but soon after things would take a turn for the worse.
--------------------------------------------------////////////////////////////////////////////////
May 16th 2016 09:00 Hours (9:00AM)

Earl: "Ashigara! So glad you could make it." He smiled

Ashigara: "Yep...the destroyers,specifically the Akatsuki sisters and Shimakaze have been pestering me to take them on a field trip and I thought this was ideal...what's the first event gonna be?"

Earl: "Well Shimakaze volunteered to race Cliff's Chinook, then he'll break off and do a demo after that the rest of the birds will take turns doing some demonstrations and the best part will be what Chambers calls a friendship formation with the Zero's from the Kaga." He put his arm around her

Ashigara: "Sounds fun...when will the show begin?"

Earl: "Right about now.." He pointed to the helicopters pulling out of the hangars to the parking area for display, Cliff's Chinook then flying by."

Musashi: "Hello and welcome to the first annual Truk Air Show! This special event was organized by our wonderful admirals as a way to show the capabilities of their aircraft and to inspire those for the future! To the left of me you will see the MH-47G Chinook piloted by Cliff Wolcott and Tanya Wolf! They will be racing the fastest Kanmusu in our fleet....Shimakaze, the race will take place around the Island and end at the north end of the Runway, let the games begin." She said over the mic as the Chinook entered a hover.

Cliff: "We're ready for action..."

Shimakaze: "Heh! You're crazy to want to race me...no way i'm gonna lose!" She replied over the radio

Tanya: "We'll see about that kid! Let's light this candle."

Cliff popped off some flares signifying that the race had begun and Shimakaze took off like an island breeze leaving the Chinook behind...but not for long. Cliff gave Shimakaze a headstart by cruising at well below the Chinook's cruise speed, just 30 kts.

Shimakaze: "HA! I knew that fat blender was too slow!" She said smugly

Tanya: "Come on Cliff get the led out!"

Cliff: "Roger that...just had to select the proper song!" He then pushed the cyclic forward and pulled the collective, the Chinook began to gain speed and within seconds passed Shimakaze like she was standing still, 170kts indicated on the Chinook's airspeed indicator.

Shimakaze: "WAHHHHH Impossible! I'm supposed to be the fastest not that Blender!!" She pouted

Cliff then pulled a hard left turn around the island and approached the runway after circling the island, Cliff didn't just outrun Shimakaze...he had her eating the Chinook's rotor wash.

Musashi: "Here they come! Aaaaaaand the winner is Ocelot the MH-47G Chinook!!"

Herbert: "Poor Shima, she had already lost long before the race had began...the Chinook could outrun her even going reverse or sideways...like all choppers here, matter of fact. Even the Huey has what it takes to beat her.", Couldn't control his laugh.

Roland: "Tell me about it...*laughed* well I guess it's time we enjoy the festivities and prepare for our demo."

Cliff then flew past the designated finish line, performing some aerobatic tricks including the reverse wheelie followed by some spins and even circle strafing and pointing the nose to the ground.

Ikazuchi: "DAAAAAAAD your choppers are so cool!!"

Roland: "You're calling me dad already? Slow down before you destroy my feels." He chuckled, hugging her and Inazuma

Hibiki: "Papa, do the spinning while going forward."

Akatsuki: "This is not something a lady should ask!", Pouts.

H: "Oh...you mean the 360? Leave it to me. And don't worry, Akatsuki, I haven't forgotten about taking you all for a ride in the Raider as well.", Chuckled and patted their heads.

Inazuma: "D-dad...can you do one of those barrel rolls and pop out those bright fireballs?"
R: "You mean flares? Sure thing kid!" He gave a thumbs up and hugged her

After Cliff and Tanya's demo wrapped up it was time for Herbert and Roland to go up.