Warmth

Shinobu has a tendency to roll away in her sleep, Giyuu is not pleased with this.

Or

Just a short drabble I decided to write.

-linebreak-

Giyuu had always slept alone, so waking up alone and cold as usual was no surprise to him and had just become routine. However, ever since Shinobu and him had entered in a relationship and he ended up staying at her place more often than not (Since where she lived was also where she worked and he more often than not ended up coming there whether he was injured or he was bored.) since Shinobu never liked staying at his place because apparently it was too 'quiet' and it was 'creepy' with how barren the place was. He never understood why that was so bad but then again he didn't understand most things so he didn't complain and settled for staying at her place instead.

Which is where he had started to get used to sleeping with someone else he got used to waking up with both someone else and warmth, which had become part of his routine erasing the previous routine entirely. (The exception for some of the missions he went on.)

So sometimes when he wakes up in the middle and the night and is cold he already knows who the culprit is, Shinobu who is ironically enough a human furnace of warmth despite her small stature who's always had a tendency to roll away in her sleep. Needless to say, he isn't pleased.

-linebreak-

Entering a relationship was strange for Shinobu, sleeping in the same bed with someone was even stranger. Although with him it was even stranger.

It was nothing like she expected, especially with all her prior experiences in dealing with him on the missions she'd expect him to be distant, while at the same time close. Possibly shy away from physical touches and would only allow her to hold his hand and even that might have been too far. He wouldn't be the best at talking about what he wants or needs, but then again even before they were in a relationship he was never the best at that too. However, the latter aside, she found herself extremely wrong in her assumptions.

At first, when the two started dating, they had started with a slight brush of hands when they walked by each other, which evolved into the occasional hand-holding or leaning on the other shoulder when no one was around. This is where she soon found out she had been severely wrong in her first assumptions about him.

When they worked up to the point where they allowed themselves to be more closer with each other, which is where she figured out the water pillar was very touchy, not the bad type of touchy, the touchy where he'd only move in closer if you allowed him to. It was strange, where she thought she'd have to hold him close he'd be the first to do it, to hold her hand bring, to bring her into a hug, or when it came to cuddling her close, yet there was always a bit of hesitation before he ever did anything.

There always seemed to be a mystery shrouding him no matter how close she was. But slowly but surely she'll make sure to strip away any hesitance he has to try and reach out for comfort, or to be loved.

Love was a strange thing, and it did strange things to you whether you liked it or not, Shinobu often found herself becoming victim to it, but it wasn't a bad thing, not in her books at least.

-linebreak-

It was a cold night, not that usual, but cold enough that the two of them found themselves once more seeking each other's embrace under the sheets of the blankets. Of course, not all good things last forever, or at least in her case, not all good dreams last forever since the one she was in was currently being snatched away from her as someone disturbed her and her dreams.

Shinobu had been woken up to slight tapping of her face, or someone lightly poking at her face with their cold hands. She had no doubt who it was, she opens her eyes to see her long-term boyfriend, Giyuu Tomioka being the one tapping her face.

Once he notices she sees awake he holds out his arms, gesturing with his hands to move in his direction. "Come, warmth," He blearily mutters, and she rolls towards him once more.

She nestles back against his chest as she feels his cool arms wrap around her in an embrace. The warmth of her skin contrasting against the coldness of his as it sends slight shivers down her spine at the abrupt change in temperature, but she didn't mind. He rests his chin on top of her head and swiftly falls back asleep as he was before, soft low snores escaping his lips.

Despite his stillness, she can feel the rise and fall of his chest easing her to sleep as she knows that despite everything he's still alive and he's still with her. He's come home at the end of the day despite any demons he's fought or injuries he's sustained. And with that, she can rest peacefully.

And Shinobu does.