Kiss The Cook

It's not often that Kyoujurou is invited to Tomioka's flat, let alone for an occasion like this.

-linebreak-

Tomioka is a notoriously secretive man which is why it's so strange that he was invited to his flat to cook with him. But what he did not expect is that this would be over Kocho of all people.

"Basically, she said that one day when she eventually gets married she wishes to marry someone who's well-equipped in the kitchen so she has less to worry about and possibly more help in her clinic. I've never shared my cooking with any of you before, but you-" 

With surprise blooming in his eyes reflecting what was going on in his head, he held out his hand to silence the man before him, needing a few moments before he could even begin to start talking with his wide eyes. 

"Okay I need to stop your right there, that's... That's a lot of information right there and I need a moment to process it."

.

.

.

"...I knew this was a bad idea, I-" Waving his hands fervently before placing them firmly on the spiky-haired man's shoulders, he forced himself to speak quicker than the man before him. 

"Ah no no no! I think it's a sweet idea I just wasn't sure what to think at first!" The response seemed to calm the man down, and he just nodded up at him unable to meet his eyes. 

"So you want to become a possible suitor for Kocho then, hm?" Curtly, Giyuu nodded, looking up at him expectantly. 

"Well then, that's easy! I'll be an excellent taste tester, what are we making?" With his hands on both his hips, Kyoujurou leaned down with intent interest.

"Tempura shrimp with boiled soba noodles and daikon radish."

"Oh! Fancy! I typically serve mine with shredded carrots instead of daikon radish."

"This is the season they thrive most in."

"Best to take advantage of it!" Tomioka nods at him and so the two get to cooking.

-linebreak-

This was... Certainly not what Kyoujurou expected but he can't say he's not pleased regardless, just surprised is all.

He's not sure how to break the news to Tomioka, which is why he decides to put it as bluntly as possible to save any feelings. 

"Tomioka I'm afraid to tell you this but-"

"I'm horrible at this, aren't I? I knew it..." As his expression darkened Kyoujurou's eyes widened, twitching briefly. Before his friend could get any sadder he scrambled forward and laid his hands on his shoulders, squeezing them as reassuringly as he could. "No no no! Not at all, in fact, I'd say you're very good at this! A natural even."

"Then... Then why did you put it like that?"

"Well..." With an uneasy expression he looked away but his gaze flickered back onto him. "Well, yes, I could have put it better, but as I was trying to say, is that I'm afraid to tell you, you don't need my help, you're perfectly well equipped to handle this yourself. I feel the only thing you need advice on is the furoshiki's of your choosing."

"What's wrong with them?" Kyoujurou could only stare at the man blankly. 

"They are very bland, go for more colorful ones, maybe we can go shopping after this?" The sapphire-eyed man stared at him, eyes glimmering with an array of emotions. "Why not now?"