Itch

More touch-starved Giyuu cuz' I said so.

Or

I'm projecting again...

A/N: Modern Au too, very self-indulgent.

-linebreak-

Apparently, human touches- meaningful human touches- were required to have a good mental state, 8-10 a day at least. It turns out 1-3 wasn't going to exactly cut it, especially as an adult, or 0 really, 0-2 if we're being generous.

It made sense the more Giyuu thought about it really. Why anytime he left his hand on his own skin for too long why he'd crave for there to be pressure, why the random longing for a hug or two would happen, why weighted blankets were a practical godsend, and why it was so hard to sleep when not holding something close. Why upon any human contact there's be an itch under his skin when it was gone craving for that contact once more.

It wasn't like he found out on purpose, on the way back to a school field trip- because yes they're teachers in this one, Shinobu's the school nurse as well- he ended up drifting off, slumping against Kyojuro's shoulder but as it turns out the other man didn't mind from the looks of it, because when he woke up they were back at the school and he had slept the whole way there. Kyojuro was a very touchy person, and this just opened the gate for more of those touches.

An arm around his shoulder, pat on the back, maybe if the man was feeling generous a hug but other than that, they were few in far between. After thinking it over for so long, he soon enough realizes that yeah, maybe he's a bit touch starved as it is, and maybe he needs to be held a little bit more. 

That's how he finds himself in this situation, getting ready for bed with his girlfriend- since they did work at her place instead of his- Shinobu has long gone under the covers and is now staring at him as he sits at the side of the bed, twiddling his fingers and refusing to meet her eyes. He's not quite sure what to say so he sits there stuttering over his words for a while, while she waits for a response. 

"Um... I..." He simultaneously feels like a child and that he's going to pass out.

Oh well, here goes nothing.

"Can I be the little spoon tonight?"

She blinks at him and then lets out a dramatic sigh of relief. "Oh thank god that's what you said, I thought you were going to break up with me." She pats the side next to her, a warm welcoming smile on her face and he happily obliges, a comfortable warmth blooming in his heart as she wraps her arms around him.

He sleeps peacefully that night.