Knots & Bows

Shinobu helps tie Giyuu's obi.

A/N: She lives! Why? Because I said so.

-linebreak-

Giyuu lost his arm in his final battle with Kibujitsu, his dominant arm.

The immediate cause for concern was the problems it'd cause for him in the future but he got by just fine. Learning how to write with his non-dominant hand was a challenge and getting used to a prosthetic was hard as well but he got used to it.

There would be times when his hands would shake, where he could feel his arm there despite it not being there. Where simple tasks were no longer so simple, but he always did manage, but there was one thing, one little thing he needed help with. 

Tying his obi. 

He could do it easily by himself, he may have lost an arm but that never meant he was incapable of doing anything, he just perhaps when she does it. It means so much more when she does it. 

Unlike when she's dealing with patients, she's slow and patient as she ties the knot, he's sure she could do it in a few quick moments but she doesn't. She takes her time, and he enjoys the moment while it last.

A peaceful moment that exists simply between the two of them, where he knows that despite what happened beforehand, and despite what'll happen next he knows that she's here, alive, and that she still cares for him as he does for her. 

And that's enough, enough for now.

A/N: If you enjoyed this, don't be afraid to talk with me about it in the comments!