Your Smile

Shinobu is jealous and Giyuu is amused.

A/N: lmao who knows when this is set.

-linebreak-

Shinobu can virtually vouch that Giyuu has a lovely smile, a beautiful one even. It's not as rare as it used to be but even then it never gets old. He says the same about her smile when it's real but that isn't important right now, not at all.

What matters is that he's currently smiling at this woman, yes, it's for the sake of the mission but it does nothing to ease her nerves or calm her down. He's supposed to charm her, that's the plan that had ended up happening, she can't explain why they did it but the woman had taken a liking to him and they needed information.

It's for the sake of information, she told herself, calm down, you're getting far too angry at this. Yet here she is getting angry as he tries his best to charm him, which isn't that good since he's never been the best when it comes to flirting yet this girl is head over heels for him. Twirling her hair around her finger, fluttering her eyes at him, completely unaware that he's in a relationship with someone and that someone is her.

She can't blame the girl, she doesn't know at all it's not her fault, truly, she isn't even here actually, she's a table away from them so the two of them are secluded to themselves. Not entirely however since she's starring at Giyuu over her the woman's shoulder since she's just a table.

Then, that's when it happens, what has gotten her so worked up.

He smiles at her.

And normally, this wouldn't be a problem, if it were anyone else who did it she could care less but this is her boyfriend and he rarely smiles at anyone. 

Only to those he is close to, which was few and far between. And she's aware that it's stupid to get so pissed off but she is, so not so quietly she gets up from her seat and goes back to the inn, not looking back once. If Giyuu ends up following after her she doesn't know except that when he comes back, he comes back with food for the two of them and they eat in silence, and then he goes to bed and she's left to contemplate her thoughts

This is stupid, she tells herself, this is so stupid why am I angry it's just a smile? She tries to sleep on it but ends up with no answers the next morning, but still, angry. 

She really doesn't understand why.

-linebreak-

The mission has been done and over with, the two of them have ventured back to the Butterfly Mansion where they have chosen to stay for the night and Giyuu has concluded that Shinobu is obviously upset. 

He might be thick-headed but even someone as thick-headed as him can tell she's mad, it's that obvious.

She won't look at him, keeps giving him the cold shoulder, and pouts a lot. It makes sleeping really difficult especially when you're just a naturally cold person like him and your partner who's a literal human furnace despite their stature refuses to look at you along with touch you. 

It's very awkward if you can imagine and he's also very cold too which he hates being.

So he decides to confront her that night, it's the next night after the mission, he ended up staying there despite his better judgment and he does not regret a single thing. She's finishing things up at the mansion, thankfully, she doesn't have any patients which makes this easier, so he decides to confront her in her room. 

He walks into the room, closing the door behind him and she's digging through her dresser, she stills once she hears him yet doesn't turn back to look at him. He frowns, he's gotten partially used to it but it doesn't mean he's any less upset about it.

"Shinobu," And while he will acknowledge, he's gotten upset over things before. Her tearing his haori by accident, her doing something she didn't like, and many more things and for most likely pettier things.

"Shinobu you've been ignoring me," The problem is he doesn't know why she's doing it if he did then they could solve this problem almost instantly, but he doesn't.

"Shinobu, we have to talk about this," She just doesn't want to talk about it which is the problem. 

"Shinobu, what's-" 

"We're you going to smile at her like that all day?" Shinobu suddenly interjects with a pout, crossing her arms over her chest. He cocks his head at her, his thoughts becoming even more clustered and confused.

"What are you even talking about?" He asks, taking a step towards her with a frown. She turns towards him, a frown on her face as well.

"That woman on the mission! Were you just going to smile at her like that all day while I watch?"

A lazy smile crosses the man's face as he stares down at him, a small laugh bubbling out of his chest. "Is my smile only allowed to be shared with you?" She reaches up and cups his cheeks, tilting his head down towards him. "Yes!" She exclaims. "If your smile wasn't so nice then I wouldn't have a problem but it is very nice!"

She lightly taps both of his cheeks with a pout. "Beautiful," She feels his face heat up underneath the pads of her fingers. "a very beautiful smile, can you blame me?"

"You have a beautiful smile too," He retorts, reaching up down and cupping her cheeks as well, "when it's real, it's nice, I'll smile more if you do." he pinches her cheeks, pouting down at her. "And I mean a real smile, not a fake one," She blushes under his hands and feels her way down to his neck, and pulls him into a kiss. Shinobu pulls back, pouting. "I hate how easily you can make me flushed,"

He hums and leans in for another kiss, then, resting his forehead against hers. "I hope you know that I love and only you," He thumbs her cheek, his lips curling into a shy smile, "Now come on," he kisses her forehead. "I'm hungry, let's go get some food." He turns away and starts walking towards the door, Shinobu tags along with him, matching his pacing as she looks up at him with a slight frown. "You're always hungry,"

"It's not my fault food is good," He says, opening the door as she walks through it and he follows, locking it behind her.

"You'd eat anything," She pouts, staring at him as he locks the door.

"Almost anything, I have some restrictions, now come on, there's a festival nearby I want to try some food so you're buying me food," Shinobu let out a loud squawk at that statement.

"What? Why do I have to buy you food?!"

Giyuu stops in the middle of the hallway, turning towards her with a frown. "You got jealous over nothing, so you owe me food, now come, you reap what you sow," Then he starts walking away again, not waiting for her to catch up. "I'm pretty sure that doesn't even apply here!"

"It applies,"

"I'm not done with you!" She shouts, rushing after him. "Hey come back here!"