Pure Bliss

The demon king is long gone, years have passed, people have aged and no longer do people live in fear of the night. Shinobu and Giyuu spend a peaceful night in each other's company which ends with the two taking a bath together where Shinobu ends up washing Giyuu's hair.

Or

Tooth-rotting fluff, nothing sexual just plain intimacy.

A/N: Shinobu lives cuz' I said so, along with everyone else because I-I don't want to let them go, they're too precious.

WARNING: Mentions of spoilers and amputation.

-linebreak-

Shinobu woke up to many things that day, the biggest surprise of them all was that she was alive. An even bigger one was that everyone had actually survived! With injuries albeit, some worse than others, by far Sanemi had nothing to worry about since he had only lost a few fingers. 

Her injuries ranged from getting hit a few times, and the blood loss from almost getting eaten alive, of course, the poison had its effects as well. When she woke up she was weak, unable to do anything, she hardly had any strength and spent most of her days sleeping, gaining back her sapped strength slowly but surely. 

She could no longer oversee her injured friend, not much of a notice of how they were doing, if there was a problem the girls would handle it, not wishing to stress her anymore.  Which is exactly how this problem started. 

When Tomioka had lost his arm, the cut had been made between his shoulder and elbow, exposing the bone which- thankfully- didn't cut through the skin although that didn't mean something hadn't gone wrong. She was currently overseeing the problem, with the help of Kanao and Kiyo she had gone to go see how Giyuu is doing, which in simple terms was horrible.

The leftover part of his right arm had become infected at the stump and was due for amputation unless they wanted it to get worse and possibly kill him. And so, amputation it was and the rest of his right arm was gone entirely, only a stump left there. He had spiraled from there, only his former Sensei being the one to help pull him out of that state, at least for the time being, if he wanted to recover he needed to seek out actual help, as it turns out since he was so frugal with his money he had a lot of it leftover so that wouldn't be much of a problem for him.

Recovery on the other hand for her wasn't exactly the easiest for her, she had money, yes, but that wasn't the issue.

The poison many had effects on her bodies system, namely had messed with her nerves, sometimes leaving her shaking, and yes, the poisoning herself had often become a coping mechanism whenever she felt weak and she relied on it even after it no longer had a use but she had gotten better. She had relapsed a few times, the recovery from it is still happening, it's been 6 months since the last time she did it and currently, she couldn't be happier that she's made it this far.

Although sometimes at night she wakes up in a cold sweat, the taste itching at the back of her throat, compelling her to do it again after dreaming of the poison she ingested not being enough to kill Doma and Kanao falling to the same fate she did. She tries to move, get out of the bed but a warm body clutching her close reminds her of it all being in the past, and if it doesn't, it at least slows her down enough until the realization dawns on her eventually. She's soon to reach 7 months and hopes not to break her streak.

And yes, aside from ruining her nerves, the poison mostly likely lessened her chance of having kids as well, where the chance of it happening is rare enough it might as well be impossible. It hurts a little, she can't lie about that, but there's one thing she is and that's stubborn so she'll find a way if having one herself doesn't work. One of those ways is through adoption.