Prophecy

Six weeks had passed and Astrid was healing nicely. She was almost back to her old self. She was still testing the limits every morning when she jumped out of bed for her morning flight, only to run into Oakley. While her leg, wrist, and ribs had healed completely, her right arm was taking a little longer and Gothi made it absolutely clear that she should not be flying until her arm has healed. She was finally learning to use her left hand to eat with, meaning Oakley didn't have to feed her anymore.

Oakley's hip was healing rather nicely. The bruise was fading, much to Astrid's relief. Hiccup had made her a few more sets of her outfit, so she could finally get out of Astrids clothes. Physically, she felt great, a little tired but great nonetheless. Emotionally, was a different story. Her daily routine had been jam-packed for the past six weeks. Wake up, take the dragons for a flight, come back, helping with breakfast, getting ready, entertaining Astrid until she was able to walk better, helping with chiefing duties, helping Astrid with lunch, helping with dinner, comforting Astrid when she was sick, then cleaning up after, washing the dragons, tidying once again before bed.

The other riders had all returned to the Edge. They had a lot of work to do. Astrid wasn't too happy about having to stay on berk but she was enjoying spending all her time with Oakley.

Oakley was walking Astrid over to Gothi's hut to finally get the splint off of her right arm and assess whether she was well enough to go back to Dragons Edge.

After removing the splint and prodding and poking a few times, Gothi decided Astrid was well enough to resume her regular activities.

Astrid didn't even give Oakley enough time to speak before grabbing her by the arm and running out of the hut towards their dragons.

'Astrid, care to tell me where we're going?' Oakley asked as they flew further and further from Berk.

Astrid said nothing, she just smiled at her and quickly raced ahead. She had missed flying. It was her favorite escape from the burden of responsibility.

They quickly raced to Vacation Island. An island they had discovered months back. They used to fly there when they needed a break. It was a beautiful island. A large hill, with a waterfall leading to a lagoon down below, this was their favorite spot.

Oakley barely had time to dismount her dragon before Astrid tugged at her shirt pulling her into a kiss. It had been so long since they had kissed that Astrid refused to wait any longer. She immediately bit Oakley's bottom lip, demanding access.

Oakley's arms were wrapped around Astrid's head while Astrids were resting on her waist.

The dragons wandered off, giving the young couple some privacy.

***

*Time skip* (One week later)

***

'Hey Oak...' Hiccup said as his sister landed in the clubhouse, looking rather pale, presumably to grab some food and leave again. '... Terror mail.'

'What?... I never get mail.' She took the rolled-up parchment and read the letter. Her breathing began to speed up as she stared at the paper in her hand.

'What is it?' Astrid asked, walking to her girlfriend's side.

'It's nothing...' She scrolled up the letter before Astrid could read it. 'Dad needs to see me.' She fibbed.

'What for?' Fishlegs asked.

'Won't know until I get there.'

She quickly rushed out the door and to her hut, or rather Astrid's hut, to collect some things.