[ Sneak Peak For Twelve ]

_________________________

______________

_____________________

He was unable to sleep no matter how desperately he tried, or how many he counted cows he counted in his head. Thoughts of the week's events was overwhelming him and wouldn't leave him alone to get some sleep. He couldn't stop remembering the news of Niki turning up alive that made him catch his breath or the look in his mom's face when she heard the son of their neighbor is one of the killers. He was getting afraid when the image of his friend, K entered his mind.

He sat up quickly where he lay, the top of his blanket brushing against his feet as he did so. He bit his lip debating whether or not he should attend the memorial parade to inspect how would people show their mourning for the victims. His motive for coming there after all was to join, and make sure EJ will be remembered by those who barely knew him.

The sky was gloomy and the air was crisp as it bites quite cold to his skin as he reached the main square of the town that morning and black satin ribbons were tied around every telephone pole on the streets as they fluttered in the wind. The marching band from school led by Taeyong and Jaeho is taking a last warm up at the parking lot of funeral place. Brass instruments hummed and bass drums boomed the tune of the deads.

Cops were patrolling every spaces where they can see the students is waiting for their teachers to line them up. The quaint thoroughfare was packed with county locals, vibrating with fury and injustice, as well as every news-media outlet that had raced to this town to broadcast it worldwide.

The memorial was supposed to be a dignified remembrance of the victims, but even Hanbin could see that wasn’t exactly what was happening. Their mayor have gotten his wish for his publicity at the next election and he was up there in a makeshift stage before the gates of the school. Mayor J.Y Park is now shouting declarations to the masses;

"After this is all over, the school will be built a monument for each student who died unjustly!"

The stupid parents along some naive elders riled him up by cheering him on with the exception of the youth looking around warily - like if they so much takes a wrong move, they might as well is asking for everyone to die.

"This weekend, our teachers will hold a fundraiser, so that we can help the families of the victims!"

More useless cheers could be heard, and Hanbin was right to think of how ridiculous this all sounds like, it made him think back to how K and Niki will certainly work a prank to humiliate the big-headed mayor who is using the serial killers for his own gain.

"And tommorow night, the President will be sending us help to have more chances to find the killers!"

Every member of the youth detested the Mayor. He never held that much interest in promoting their town unless is to join the senators in seminar out of the country or to golf around the clubhouse of the riches, trying to whistle his way around to the top. Today, he sounded more wayward than respectful, and his audience sounded more aggressive than supportive.

The whole town was seething with outrage as their fear reached its boiling point, and only a few brave ones managed to penerated the front.

When Hanbin reached the edge of the crowd, running his hand over the prickling hair of his arms that was starting to raise as his guts is in alarm state unnaturally. He wondered if this was telling him something bad is going to happen. There was a ghostly atmostphere that hung around the people, as though there were untold secrets and graves buried in the ground beneath their feets.

Every conversation was about the two killers, the public still oblivious it was in fact, four in total. Near to Hanbin, a middle-aged woman spoke loudly to whoever was listening to her. "Did you see the boy's picture smiling at the butcher shop of his brother?"

"What about the girl actually having a father for a soldier?", a balding man said as a reply.

"You know what happens in the military nowadays", a conspiratorial man butted in, and flicked his fingers to get their attention. "Anyone who has seen too many wars is not right in their mind anymore when they returned home"

Slowly, breathing heavily, Hanbin wandered down to the front of a thrift store, feeling more comfortable out of the noisy crowd. The wind blew a fresh breeze around him, rustling some trash in the dusty ground, causing to make a slight crinkling noise.

The peculiar feeling that someone was watching him made him uneasy, and he cast a quick glance around him where he saw nothing unusual - just the same crowd and some owner locking their shops to join the parade, and heard nothing but the speculations of the majority and the sound of his own heavy breath.

Years ago, he and Sungchul started living next to each other's house. Like most children who happen to be neighbors, that also made them friends. They played together, watched movies and even go to the same school every year as they grow up. He remembered Sungchul as a quiet kid prone to let his anger takes over him from time to time. He could held it for long until he couldn't anymore. Until he snapped.

Admittedly, Hanbin tried to help him back then. He always told it to Sungchul's mother, but his words of a child were usually falling into deaf ears. He'd never forget the day when he had hidden the clown toy of Sungchul as a joke, something he’d done a dozen times before, and Sungchul flew into him the next day in the playground and shoved him to the ground in front of everyone.

The fall broke Hanbin's arm, but that wasn’t what had scared him. It was the unbridled rage on Sungchul.’s face.

___________________________

_______________

______________________

Well, Hello there. I will be update this chapter in Thursday along the chapter thirteen. But now, I want to ask the obvious:

Who do you think will be the next victim?

Who do you hate among the main killers? Sungchul? Lyra?