Fourteen [ The Heart Of Violet ]

________________________

______________

____________________

The sun was already past its peak, the shadows beginning to lengthen along the street. With your heart in your throat, you find it difficult to stare at the bottom left side of the store’s automatic entry doors. The blood was on the inside.

Another murder was right in front of you.

When you glanced up to Hanbin and Niki, you wished you couldn't feel exactly what they felt right now, if only to not feel the same dread that seeped from them. You could practically feel the eyes of death sweeping over your figures to where the shadow of the killer still whispered, and your heart shifted a little in your chest.

And the helpless look K was giving you before he reached out for your hand had almost made you forget the moment as he frantically checked the surroundings. Except for the cars in the road, the parking lot was empty. The traffic had unclogged from the Parade, and only a few people remained in the sidewalk.

None of them were close by. None of them were officer. And none of them appeared to be the killer.

K's grip was still fixed in your wrist as he dragged you closer to the door, to peer inside while you keep your eyes in the streets. Niki was busy pushing Hanbin farther from the gory sight, and you realized this is the first time he turned his back from a fight. He would usually face with delight in his young eyes and a comfort in the knowledge that his friends have his back.

But that's not the case for today.

"Is he in there?", you asked, not missing a beat. The two of you came into a halt from where the blood started, and you find it quite odd to be much calmer than K to see such a view.

You watched his face quite literally drain of blood and turn almost as white as the tiles beneath your feet. He spoke in a heavy tone. "I think somebody was dragged to right of the counter. But I can't see them from here"

Hanbin stilled by the time they both hear it from where they're standing and Niki ripped his phone from his pocket, bouncing anxiously on the balls of his feet. "I'm going to call the police!", he said, typing the numbers.

"The whole place was ransacked", K informed all of you as he jaw tightens at his closer inspection. "Or worse, the victim played chase with Sungchul"

"K?", It was you speaking now for the first time, your eyebrows arched, waiting. "Should we go enter?"

He dragged his spiraling mind back into order, allowed himself a single, slow blink before he straightened, and said in the voice of a brave man, at least he acted like it. "We have to"