Fifteen [ He Will Always Be Back ]

By the way, guys, don't hate me with the way this story is going, alright?

_______________________

____________

____________________

At eleven o'clock in the next hour in the same night, you were waiting with K, Niki and Hanbin inside his grandpa's house. The entirety of the big house didn't matter for you are more worried to the case of Kim Taeyong.

The whole afternoon had been one straight from a True Crime episode; after you gave the statements to the detectives, you had to wait in front of the store, only to witnessed the usual stoic pastor cried out in front of everyone when the body of his son was put into the black bag and he threw himself around the officers, begging for them to let him see his face.

And now it was late, the adults leave the four of you to confer in the office of the General. Niki and Hanbin have to stay, their parents wanted them to, to be safe in a house full of cops than in their homes, void of any tight security.

Laying your head against the cold surface of the kitchen counter, you attempted to erase the horrendous image of Taeyong's grotesque corpse in your mind. Hanbin took it to himself to distract everybody with coffee, he's currently making it and fighting Niki over the quantity of milk they should pour for K's Grandpa.

K who was staring vacantly at the window breaks the adamant silent between the two of you. "Maybe we should have chased him", he said, now earning the attention of the other boys. "Maybe we could have caught him together"

You didn't look up nor answer. In your own world, it feels like you can still hear the pastor crying out loud, for why his son is the fourth victim and it was so wrong to think of it, but you knew your mother wouldn't be the same like him, had you been killed in the first attempt of Sungchul.

"It looks like he was playing with Jay too", K pointed out, tapping his fingers on the counter absentmindedly. "He killed Taeyong, not Hanbin. Who's next?"

His words hung limply in the air as Hanbin stopped picking up mugs from the shelves above him, and Niki was quick to glare at K for the unneeded reminder. Out in the window, the nighttime guards were roaming around, all of their weapons is a shotgun, complete with a sniper laser and silencer. The wind chimes in through the curtain, reminding you that at least, for the others, the world was still normal and there wasn't a killer out for everybody's lives.

K looked up at the window yet again and he sighed. "He was not after everyone's weakness, I supposed. He seems to kill out of spite to our class?"