Chapter 13

Alika

When we made it to the front of the school I saw Prince standing there .

" Cheyenne ! ", he yelled and I ignored him.

He followed behind me .

" Yenne ! ", he yelled once again and I turned around .

" What the fuck do you want ? ", I yelled .

" Let me talk to you , please . ", he said .

" 1 minute .. 59 .. 58 "

" Look , I left because I was dumb . I was very stupid and I'm sorry . My kids deserve a father , they don't deserve this and I'm sorry its even like this . "

" Are you done ? " I asked him as flipped my hair over my shoulders.

" Cheyenne our children deserve a father ! I will do anything to make this right . ", he told me. " Can we all meet up for dinner tonight ? ", he asked me .

" TGI at 7 . If you not there before 7:01 you can forget it . " I told him and walked off.

I made my way to the car while the kids were already in . I headed to my shop so I can get my mind off of this bullshit .

My first client was already in the chair waiting for me . I rushed towards her , lord knows her hair needed a miracle.

" How can I help you today m'am ? ," I asked her.

" I need something done to my hair . I just got out of a bad relationship and I've been too stressed to get myself together . "

" I'm about to have you looking like a bag of money ma , I promise . " I grabbed my materials to give this woman a makeover . When I was done with her , her hair was laid . Her once before brown hair was now jet black and her hair was cut into beautiful layers and flat ironed .

" Thank you so much ! " she looked in the mirror amazed . I loved making my customers happy .

" I want you to go to the back and tell the people in the nail shop that I sent you ," I told her . She looked at me shocked and I nodded my head towards the back .

I sat in my chair waiting for the next person to come . Today was busy , but I didn't plan on doing that many people . I wanted to do observations on my workers .

" Mommy ! ," Lonnie yelled as she walked in the door with Alina and Liyah . Liyah was sleep in her mother's arms . I picked Lonnie up and sat her on my lap.

" Hey Lonnie . How was your day so far ? ", I asked her .

" It was good mommy . TeeTee let me and Liyah get ice cream. Liyah likes me mommy." She smiled and I laughed at how excited she was .

" Of course she does , that's your god-sister ", I explained to her and she looked at me confused . Lonnie got off my lap and started running towards the back .

" Lonnie stop running in my damn shop. " I yelled out .

" I want some food . Is Mariah back there ? ", she asked me and I rolled my eyes .

" What I told you about calling her that ? ", I asked her .

" I'm sorry . Is Auntie Mariah back there ? " she asked me .

" That girl just ate ." Lina told me and I shook my head. Lonnie can eat all damn day .

" Wait London. " I told her and she sighed .

" Let mommy do that head." I grabbed her and say her in my chair . Alika took Liyah from Lina's arm and I took this as a time to talk to my best friend .