Chapter 3

Cheyenne

" Okay m'am , you're all done . " I said as I turned the woman around to the mirror so she could see her 22" weave that I sewed into her head.

" Thank you so much , I love the way you did it . It looks natural and the curls are cute . " she said as she ran her fingers through her curls.

" I'm glad you like it . Schedule an appointment whenever you need too . "

" Okay. How much is it ? "

" It's $200 , you could pay in the front , just tell them my name . " I told her.

" Okay , thank you . " she smiled and walked off . I looked at the time on my Michael Kors watch . It was already 12:15 . I looked around the shop to see all my workers . I had four people working in the hair section of the salon , three people working in the nail area, and two people working in the kitchen .

My next client doesn't come until 3:00. I looked in the ' Employees Cave ' to see Lonnie on the sofa sleeping , with her iPad on her chest . I quickly grabbed my phone and took a picture of her .

I picked her up and brought her into my office.

I looked down at my phone to see I had a text message from Alika .

mybaby❤️: mommy ?

me: yes ?

mybaby❤️: can you take me to the mall ?

me: okay . I will be there in a hour .

mybaby❤️: alright .

I picked Lonnie up and grabbed my things .

" Y'all I'll be back . " I told everyone as I walked out the door.

I opened to door to my car and placed Lonnie into her booster seat . I closed the door and got in the driver's side .

I drove to the hospital and I woke Lonnie up .

" Come on Lonnie. After we leave here we're going to go to the mall . "

" Okay . " she rubbed her eyes .

I grabbed her hand and we walked in the building . I went into the area where Dr.Roberts told me. I looked up to see many of my co-workers .

" SURPRISE ! " everyone yelled and I smiled .

" Oh my gosh , y'all didn't have to do this . "

" We just want to congratulate you on your salon . " one of the nurses told me . They had cake , ice cream and a lot of food .

I held a few conversations with people , then I got up to fix me and London some food.

" what you want ? "

" Um I want some chicken and some macaroni. " she pointed to what she wanted.

I put two pieces of chicken on her plate , with one scoop of macaroni and sat it on the table . I fixed me a plate of chicken and shrimp pasta .

" This food is good . Who cooked this ? " I asked as I ate my food .

" Everyone cooked a dish and brought it here . "

" well I really enjoy it . "

___________________________

" You had fun ? " I asked Alika as we drove to the mall . I picked her and her friend Jenelle up.

" Yeah it was fun. " she told me .

" You look cute Alika . " Alika had on some blue high-waisted shorts , a black tank top , and her blue gamma 11's .