Chapter 8

Alika

" Alika wake up , it's 7:30 " I heard my mom say . I rolled over and rolled my eyes. I don't like anyone waking me up out of my sleep. " Alika ! " she yelled.

" Alright , dang ma I'm up . " I told her then she walked out of the room. Today is the first day of summer practice. I'm the captain of the dance team this year and I'm excited . We practice on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays and I'm ready to do my thing.

It took me twenty minutes to get dressed and do my hygiene. My hair was still curly from yesterday, so I didn't mind leaving it down.

" You ready ? " my mom came into my room and asked.

" Yes . "

" I'll be downstairs waiting for you . " she told me .

* At The School *

It was 7:55 when I pulled up to the school, I was five minutes early.

" Bye ma . " I told her as I got out of the car.

I walked to the gym to see some of the cheerleaders here . I spoke to them and kept it moving to the dance room.

" Alika ! " one of the girls ran to me and hugged me .

" Hey Briana . " I told her .

Our sponsor Ms.Thomas came in right after me. We spoke to her and started holding conversations. By 8 everyone was here.

" Welcome back ladies , I know everyone is excited , because I would be too . This is our first practice together since the tryouts , so we have a lot to catch up on. When you come in here put your game face on. We're here from 8-11 three days out of the week and I expect for everyone to do your very best. With that being said , it's stretching time . " I explained to them.

Alina

I woke up at nine and I felt good. My first client doesn't come until 4 today , so I'm free .

I got up and started flat ironing my hair. My hair is almost to my butt and it's very healthy. If I didn't know anything about hair my hair would probably still be shoulder length.

" I say I'd rather be with you but you are not around
So I'mma call somebody up and see if they be down
Cause I hate sleeping alone, I hate sleeping alone " my phone rung and I looked at the phone to see my mother's name across the screen.

" Hello ? " I answered the phone .

" Alina what's this shit my lawyer calling me about ? Talking about you getting custody of my grandbaby ? " she asked me and I rolled my eyes.

" You have a hearing problem ? You heard right . I'm getting my baby back. See you in court . " I laughed and hung up the phone. I don't have time for the woman who gave birth to me.

" Alina why you up so early ? " I jumped.

" Boy you scared the shit out of me . " I told King .

King was a dope boy that I was dealing with. We're not together , but we're fucking . King spoils me like crazy and I love every bit of it . He doesn't want me talking to no body but him , but we're not together so I do what I want .

" What's for breakfast ? " he asked me.

" What you want ? " I asked him. As soon as he was about to answer his phone started ringing.

" Alright , I'll be there bruh . " he hung up the phone. " I'm going out of town for a month , maybe two . I left some money on your bed. " he told me .