Chapter 11

Prince

" Daddy ! " I heard my daughter Marie yell . I jumped up and ran to her room.

" What's wrong Marie ? " I asked her. She must've had a bad dream again. I picked her up and walked into the room that I shared with Alicia. Alicia was laying down with an attitude , but I wasn't even worried about her. I placed Marie in the bed , next to her mom and laid next to her .

* The Next Morning *

I woke up to the smell of breakfast . I walked downstairs to see my maid sitting plates on the table. Princess , Rodney , and Alicia were at the table.

" Good morning ," I spoke .

" Good morning . " Princess spoke dryly.

My son was into his game , so he didn't even hear me . Alicia looked at me without saying anything.

" What's your problem Alicia ? " I asked her.

" So you going act like nothing happened ? ", she asked me getting aggravated.

Alina

I walked into the courtroom , with my head held high. I was on a mission and that was to get my daughter back. Cheyenne was by my side like she said she would be. After the judge talked for a few minutes we began. I looked across the room to see my mom looking pissed.

" Ms. Jackson , why do you feel the need to have custody of Liyah Jackson . ", the judge asked me.

" I need to have custody of her , because she's my daughter. Having her being raised by her grandparents were never in my plans. I never signed her over to them , so it's illegal for them to even have her . " I told her honestly.

" What is your financial status ? " the judge asked me .

" I make around 48,000 a year . " I told her.

" What custody arrangement are you seeking and why? " she asked .

" Sole custody , because I think it's better for my child to be raised with her mother. I shouldn't have to miss out on my child's life because of others' selfish reasons . "

" What is the existing custody arrangement ? "

"I'm not allowed to see my child . "

" What's your relationship with the child's father ? "

" He's deceased , but we were on good terms . "

" What's your living environment ? "

" I live in a quiet neighborhood , in a three bedroom house . "

" Where do you work ? "

" In a salon downtown . "

" Can you easily leave work if your child is sick ? "

" Yes ma'am "

" Will your child be in daycare ? "

" No , I will spend most of my time with my child. There's actually a children's place in my job . "

Alika

I looked at the clock to see it was 2:15 , me and Bri slept for a long time . I grabbed my phone to see if I had any missed calls or text messages. I had three missed calls , one from my mom , one from my grandmother and one from Brandy .

I saw that Brandy texted me plenty of times this morning. I decided to call her. She answered on the third ring .

" Alika ? ", she answered the phone .