Chapter 9

Cheyenne

" Thank you mommy " Alika told me as I finished her hair . She had a 14"16" and 18" Brazilian sew in.

" You're welcome . "

It's been a full week of having my shop open and I'm making more money than I thought I would . I'm thinking about working at the hospital during the night, because I miss my old job.

Alika has been keeping me busy with her summer practices , and wanting to go places. She found out about her dad's other daughter and they haven't been seeing eye to eye . I don't know what to say about that , but that's not my business just yet .

Speaking of them , they have an appointment today.

" Excuse me , how long is the wait ? " I heard someone ask.

" I'm sorry , you can come sit in my chair . What you need today ? " I asked her .

" I just want it cut and styled . " she told me and I started my job.

When I was finished she smiled and hugged me .

" Thank you so much ! "

I smiled . It was now time for the appointment for Prince's kids and wife .

She walked in with a mug on her face . I didn't ask what was wrong , because I honestly didn't care. A few minutes later Prince and his daughters walked in .

I looked at Alina who was now looking at me . I shrugged it off.

" What would you like done today ? " I asked her .

" You could pin curl it again like last time . " she told me .

I washed her hair and blow dried it . When it finished drying I flat ironed and and curled the ends.

I looked up to see Prince looking at me .

" Mama , Nona called you . " Alika handed me my phone .

" I'll call her back later . " I told her .

Alika sat in Alina's chair since she was on break .

" That's your daughter ? " Prince's wife asked me .

" Yes . " I told her .

" She's pretty . " she said .

" Thank you . " I saw Prince eying Alika down . I don't think Alika noticed him.

After I finished doing her hair I got started on her daughter's hair and she went to the back to get her nails done.

" Cheyenne ? " Prince walked up to me and I frowned .

" How may I help you sir ? "

" Stop the bullshit . Why you acting like this ? "

" Why are you doing this in front of your child ? You wouldn't want to cause a scene . " I told him smirking.

" That's my baby ? " he asked me and I rolled my eyes.

The door opened and I saw Mama Ann come in with London.

" Mommy ! " Lonnie ran to me. I picked her up and kiss her.

" Hey Lonnie . You been good ? " I asked her as I put her down.

" Yeah and grandma made me some nuggets mommy . " she told me .

" She did ? That's good ! Go tell Alika to give you my iPad and you could go sit on the sofa over there . " I told her .

" Okay . "