Chapter 4

He kept his brown eyes locked with hers as he approached, his hands gripping the side of the hammock as he lowered himself down onto her and softly cupped her cheek. She sank back into the hammock slowly smiling up at him, sighing blissfully into the kiss he covered her mouth with.

Thomas grinned, nibbling on her pink lips then slanted his mouth over hers when she threaded her fingers into his brown hair, drawing him in. Bringing him as close as possible and the heat of her small body beneath his, soothed him. He closed his eyes, dropping his forehead onto hers breathless and listened to her steady heart beat.

"Sorry, I've been dying to do that all day." He confessed quietly embarrassed, still staring at her soft pink lips.
"Have you now?" Teresa giggled, caressing his rough tan cheek. The teasing lint in her voice matched the cheerful disposition swimming in her beautiful blue eyes.
He smiled crookedly, giving her a mild chastising look. "You know I have."

Thomas saw her delicate eyelashes flutter under his stare, watched as she pulled her lip in between her teeth and laced their fingers together. He smirked as he thought of the way she clung to his frame as they drowned in one another, the night before.

She let out a soft laugh and he smiled at the sound. Oh, she knew. He could tell that she was aware of his silent suffering and that the constant distance between them, today had caused it. She'd been in the same predicament after all.

A red flush stained her pale cheeks as she shyly searched for something to look at other than his intense gaze. At that moment, he realized that colour made her even more beautiful and was one of his favorite things to look at.

Thomas brushed his nose against hers, breathing her in and dipping his head so he could taste that intoxicating sweetness of her lips again. She obliged as she cupped his face in her palms and tilting her head slightly when they kissed and slipped his tongue into her mouth, deepening the kiss this time as she gently tugged his hair. It still surprised him how effortless it was to get so lost in each other.

Now he craved it as much as air. As long as it was with her. Propped on his elbows, he relaxed on top of her as they kissed lazily, lulled into a much needed sense of calm and love. Teresa stirred slightly and lay her head against his shoulder as Thomas rested his against hers.

"I'm not really here. You need to find me." She spoke quietly, breaking the comfortable silence.

"What?" He responded as he looked down at her, confused and stared back at her lifeless blue eyes. His blood froze, it couldn't happen again. Dark red blood rapidly spread through her chest and abdomen, steeping through her shirt as he felt her heart beat slowing down.

"No! Not again....Teresa...please don't leave me....Don't leave me....Teresa...." Thomas pleaded, tears streaming down his face as he frantically tried to stop the bleeding wounds with his spare shirt but it wasn't working.

"Find me, Tom." Teresa whispered weakly like she was using all her strength to talk. Her breathing turned shallower as the light in her beautiful blue eyes started fading and sadly smiled at him.

Thomas jolted awake in a panic, sweat dripping down his forehead as he clutched his heaving chest. Ragged breathing filled the silence of his hut and he scrubbed his face wiping of any leaked tears, his palms wet.

Trying to calm his hammering heart beat, he desperately took deep breaths and regain some sort of control again. It was just a dream, he reminded himself. She wasn't here. Then why did it feel so real?

He let out a angry yell as his fist slammed against his sheets, causing a tear of sorrow and guilt to escape his eyes. It wasn't fair.

Thomas remembered the look of acceptance in her tearful blue eyes as she gazed contently up at him with a pure remorseful smile. The memory caused him another wave of guilt as he remembered laying on the berg, intently staring down at her. She was a vision of beauty as her chest heaved in satisfaction and their eyes remained locked.

Then his world fell apart as he realised she didn't consider herself worthy to jump and saw her fall into the fire wreckage. His mind turned numb and helpless eyes just looked down at the destruction below until everything turned black and he woke with unshed tears at Paradise.

Author's Note: Please do comment what you think so far of the story. It really helps motivate me by hearing your thoughts. I'm hoping to update soon :)