Chapter 7

The beach waves sparkled in the sunlight, depths of green could be seen in the blue waters as he calmly stared at the view. He thought back to his latest revelation that his and Teresa's telepathic connection could possibly be coming back. His mind knew it could be false hope and just him grasping at straws but his heart felt like she was still there, somewhere.

For the first time, Thomas desperately longed to stay in his dreams with Teresa even if it wasn't real. As long as it's with her and they were safe from the outside world. Lost in his swirling thoughts, he didn't hear the approaching footsteps as a feminine voice entered his ear.

"So this is where your hiding." Brenda spoke, wondering where Thomas has been disappearing to lately. The brunette girl stared down at him, intrigued at his secret spot as she proceeded to sit down.
"A cliff side, really? It's hard enough trying stop you from killing yourself normally."

"Shut up, Brenda." He chuckled, rolling his eyes as he silently watched her cross her legs. Brenda huffed a grin in return as she lightly punched his shoulder, slight pink stained her cheeks. A long silence filled the air as he and Brenda stared at the view, the rustling of leaves could be faintly heard in the distance.

"I heard you've become sleep deprived." Brenda spoke, breaking the peaceful silence as she glanced at Thomas.
"Brenda, I'm fine. I already got this talk with Minho so you don't have to worry." He responded quietly, his tired brown eyes still fixated on the soothing view.

"Your still thinking about her, aren't you?" Brenda asked slowly, watching him stiffen slightly as she remembered the other night when she went to visit and possibly talk.

Brenda scrunched her eyes closed, feeling so frustrated as she saw Thomas softly mumbling Teresa's name over and over in his sleep. She honestly felt ill hearing Minho talk about Thomas being in love with Teresa when she informed him on what she saw. It was just frustrating that she liked him so much yet he was too blinded by Teresa to see that.

When Thomas didn't reply, she knew she hit the bullseye and quickly decided to provide some much needed closure.
"I know you miss her a lot. You need to know, she would want you to move on and be happy. No matter who you share it with." She spoke slowly, wanting to help him move forward as she couldn't stand to see him like this anymore.

He wasn't listening, still lost in his thoughts as the idea of living a life without Teresa felt like a empty void to him. Thomas needed to see those beautiful blue eyes of hers again, he missed her so much.

"I may have not liked Teresa and I'm sorry but I know she would want you to honour her sacrifice. You can't keep mourning a dead girl forever. The people here care and worry about you, Tom. Some more than others...." Brenda spoke, feeling like a weight was lifted off her shoulders by finally voicing her inner thoughts.

"Don't call me that." He muttered coldly, his head turned towards Brenda as he glanced at her. Only Teresa could call him, Tom.

Brenda's face became expressionless for a while then she watched him process more of her words, silently. Thomas's face quickly twisted into a shocked look, her subtle words finally hit him as disbelief clouded his brown eyes. His mind reeling back dumbfounded that Brenda still had feelings for him, glancing in her direction as he thought those feelings were gone now.

He didn't reciprocate those feelings for her and eventually only thought of her as his good friend. The image of a blue eyed beauty was the only thought that came into his mind when his feelings were considered. It wasn't possible, she wasn't her.

"I'm sorry, Brenda. I don't know what to say. I just can't forget about her." He spoke softly, not wanting to hurt Brenda as he told her the honest truth. Every time he closed his eyes, he saw her mesmerising raven hair and beautiful blue eyes as he remembered the sweetness of her soft pink lips.

"Will this make you forget?" Brenda answered quietly, moving closer to him as she leaned forward slightly. Her face shifted closer and closer to his, he was frozen as he numbly watched her stare at his lips.

Thomas felt his mind turn blank, not fully understanding as Brenda's mouth slanted against his. He didn't kiss back, the lips pressed against his felt foreign and unwanted as he didn't feel the intense electricity when he had kissed Teresa.

Thomas felt nothing and quickly felt guilt and shame spread through his body, feeling like he was disrespecting Teresa.

He abruptly pulled away from Brenda and instantly felt bad when he spotted the hurt flash through her face. He didn't mean to hurt her but wanted her to understand he couldn't do this.
"I'm sorry, Brenda. I just can't....I don't....I can't do this with you. I'm sorry. Your not her...."He spoke quietly, his words trailing off as his brown eyes held a empty look.

There was silence in the air, distant sounds of the tides could be faintly heard. Brenda's face was expressionless again as her eyes never left his face.

"You can't be in love with a dead girl forever, Thomas." Brenda spoke, no emotion in her voice as she sternly looked at him. She slowly brushed the sand off her shorts and walked away, heading back towards the settlement.

Thomas heard Brenda's last words of advice, it swirled in his mind as unknown emotions flickered through his brown eyes.
"She's not dead." He muttered softly, remembering Teresa's words from his dream as he stubbornly clung to this small hope.

Author's Note: Please do comment what you think so far of the story. It really helps motivate me by hearing your thoughts. I'm hoping to update soon :)