Chapter 46

The Med-Jacks hut was empty, leaves rustling in the distance could be heard as the metal trolley was being sorted and cleaned for the morning. She shyly entered the hut, noticing the backs of Aris and Brenda as they continued with their busy tasks.

"Good morning." Teresa spoke, cheerfully as she walked towards them. She giggled when she noticed she startled Aris, making him drop a tray as medical supplies fell onto the ground.

"It's late morning actually. Where have you been?" Aris responded, rolling his eyes as he grinned at her. He quickly kneeled down, placing the supplies back onto the tray as he sighed at his clumsiness.
"Nowhere. Just distracted." She whispered, quietly as her cheeks flushed red at the memory of her morning. God, they couldn't get enough of one another.

All she did was breathlessly clung to his frame and drowned in his addicting touch. Her cheeks were flushing more red by the minute, remembering the blanket was twisted and messy as they lost themselves to each other once again.

"By your red cheeks, I think I know why." Aris spoke, still grinning as he noticed the faint kiss marks along her collarbone. He knew it was Thomas, her husband.

He laughed, noticing her shyly avoiding his gaze when she understood what he said.
"Do you need any help?" Teresa spoke, her cheeks still flushed red as she meekly gestured towards the metal trolley.
"Go ahead." Aris responded, a small smile on his face as he handed her a unused tray. He was grateful for some extra help around the busy hut.

"Thank you." She answered, softly as she moved her tray to the counter. She briefly felt Brenda's silent gaze following her but kept her mind focused on her task, noticing there was a lot of supplies to be cleaned again.

The wind swaying the leaves could be heard in the distance, making her think of her husband as she wondered how his run was going. She giggled how she persuaded Thomas to get dressed for his run with Minho, even if it felt too comfortable to move from his strong arms. No kisses and it worked, it was fun teasing him.

Brenda glanced at Teresa, finding it awkward to be with Thomas's wife as she noticed the ring sparkling in the sunlight. It was a cruel reminder, knowing she held resentment and hatred towards the dark haired girl who captured Thomas's heart before she moved on with her life.

She no longer felt those emotions towards Teresa, remembering the emotional speeches that Thomas and Teresa both spoke after the wedding. It was very clear to everyone, the two have a deep bond as they gazed at each other lovingly. An irreplaceable connection.

"Teresa, can I tell you something?" Brenda spoke, quietly as she placed her gloves on the tray.
Teresa slowly turned towards Brenda, finding it equally awkward since their last conversation as she nodded.

"I may never like you but I'll try. That's all I can say." Brenda muttered, calmly as she stared at Teresa. It was truth, she was trying to move on and knew she needed closure.
"It's a start." Teresa whispered, softly as she smiled at Brenda. She knew Brenda was trying, remembering seeing her at her wedding as she stayed in the back with Jorge.

"I hated you before. When I kissed him, all he thought about was you. You know what he said. You're not her." Brenda whispered, quietly as she felt better telling the truth to Teresa.
"He's a idiot...." Teresa muttered, softly as her cheeks flushed red at her words. She sighed, fondly at the thought of him as she found him even more adorable.

Brenda laughed at her response, finding it bittersweet as her chest felt lighter with finally settling things with Teresa. The past was the past. She knew now, Thomas only needed Teresa.

Aris silently continued working on the other side of the hut, a small smile growing on his face as he faintly heard the much needed conversation between the two girls. He was relieved, happy they sorted out their differences in the end.

Author's Note: Please do comment what you think so far of the story. It really helps motivate me by hearing your thoughts. I'm hoping to update soon :)