Chapter 24

The evening sun already set and left, leaving the sky to turn night and dark as no sounds from the outside could be heard. She awoke to the feeling of dread and sorrow as if she was doused in icy water. It wasn't her emotions she was feeling but someone else's. Thomas.

Small grunts and huffs of despair were heard coming from his mouth, sweat dripping down his forehead as his hold on her small waist tightened. He was clutching her to his chest like she was his life line.

Teresa stared up at him, worried as she felt his pulse racing against her hand. His face was twisted into a painful look, a tear escaping from his closed eyes. She realised he was having a nightmare and desperately wanted to comfort him.

She gently caressed his brown hair and pressed a soft kiss on his forehead, the soothing actions calmed him as his face turned relaxed and his breathing turned normal again.

"Thank you...." He murmured, softly as his voice startled her. She didn't realise he was awake as she stared at his tired brown eyes. He silently stared back at her and pressed a light kiss on her head, her beautiful blue eyes soothing him.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She whispered, softly as she snuggled further into his chest.
"It was a flashback to that flaming rooftop...." He whispered back, quietly as he nuzzled her head. He gently grabbed her wrist, caressing the soft skin with his thumb before he softly kissed it.

"I get flashbacks too...."Teresa muttered under her breath as her blue eyes instantly filled with unshed tears, thinking back on that day.
"You left me just like Chuck and Newt...." Thomas murmured, softly as his brown eyes held that empty look. He tightly laced his fingers with hers and lay their joined hands on top of his chest.

"I just wanted you to live, Tom...." She whispered, softly as leaked tears streamed down her face. It was the truth, she wanted him to survive and be happy.

"I know...." He whispered in a barely audible voice as he gently wiped her tears away with his thumb. He slowly sat up and gathered her in his arms, wanting her close to him. She desperately clung to him and burrowed into his chest as she clutched his shirt.

"You don't know what I felt when I saw you fall, Teresa...." He muttered, quietly as he pressed his forehead against hers.
"I didn't think I could live...." She muttered back, a tear escaping from her blue eyes as she sighed into his warmth. He breathed in deeply at her response as he brought her closer to him.

"I'm glad I found you...." Thomas whispered, softly as he caressed her cheek.
"Me too...." Teresa whispered back, her blue eyes filled with tears as she leaned into his touch.
"I'm sorry I didn't understand your reasons back then...." He muttered, quietly as he wrapped his arms around her small waist.
"I never wanted to hurt you...." She muttered, softly as she stared at him.

"I know...." He murmured, a crack in his voice as he nodded against her forehead. He understood she just wanted to help those innocent people who lost their loved ones by finding a cure. It was just his mistake he didn't realise her true motives, something he regretted.

"You were in the back of my head when we were apart. Always lingering in my thoughts." Thomas whispered under his breath as he gently rubbed his thumb against her trembling soft pink lip.
"I thought of you every night, wondering what you were doing." Teresa muttered, softly as she remembered trying to sleep and thinking of him.

"Newt was right back then. I couldn't stop caring about you." He muttered, quietly as the memory of him not answering Newt's question swirled in his mind. He lifted their entwined hands and pressed a soft kiss on her palm.

"When you said if I regretted what I did, I only regretted losing you." She whispered, softly and pressed a light kiss on his jaw. He instantly leaned into her warm touch as he breathed shakily at her words. Their foreheads stayed pressed together as they breathed in each other's presence in bliss.

"We should go back to sleep. Are you ok now, Tom?" She spoke, quietly as she stared at him with worried blue eyes.
"I'm fine, Teresa. As long as your with me, I'm fine...."He murmured, softly as he lay back down on the bed with her wrapped in his arms. He pressed a light kiss on her head, feeling better already and rested his head against hers.

She instantly melted against him, still clinging to his chest as she saw the peaceful look on his face. They fell asleep with their hands tightly entwined.

Author's Note: Please do comment what you think so far of the story. It really helps motivate me by hearing your thoughts. I'm hoping to update soon :)