Chapter 8 || Detention

"YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!"  Amelia exclaimed. She was standing professor Mcgonnacal's office with Fred and George. It was the day of their detentions - separately. Mcgonnacal gave her the warning look while sitting in the chair near her desk.

     "No Ms. Black, as to say in your words I am not kidding you. You have been assigned your task and it should be completed without magic or help. Mr. Fred weasly will be cleaning the cauldrons in professor Snape's office, and Mr. George will be cleaning the owlery and you Ms. Black will cleaning the kitchen after dinner."

    Three of them stared Mcgonnacal in bewilderness, she was never this harsh on any of the students, but maybe their 'crime' was also not that forgivable.

    "Did I make myself clear?" Mcgonnacal asked in a stern voice.
They all nodded and were dismissed. They made their way towards the great hall and had their lunch quietly not meeting each others eyes. Their peace was interrupted by Ron's voice.

     "Looks like someone has got to rub the kitchen floors tonight" His comment was targeted to Amelia, she saw Hermione had a smirk on her face whereas Potter didnt seem to be interested in all this.

     "Hey Ronnykins you are not to target our friend or there will be consequences." Fred said in an elder-brotherly-tone, Amelia's respect doubled for him at that moment.

    "She maybe your friend but I am your brother, your own brother" said Ron.

     "So what you are not as amazing as her" George said in a 'duh' tone. Ron made a scowl and Amelia smirked and continued her eating.

~~TIME SKIPS TO DETENTION~~

     "Alright boys now the time has come, we will have to depart" said Amelia sarcastically in a heavy tone.

     "We know you wont let us down, rub the floor with all your will and make shine bright like our future" said Fred acting along, Amelia wiped a fake tear brought them in a group hug.

    "Okay thats enough of drama, off you three go now" Came Mcgonnacal's voice behind them.

   "Sir Yes Sir" All three of them said in unison and ran in different directions before Mcgonnacal could utter a word. She just shook her head and carried on.

    It was 9 o'clock, Amelia was assigned the task to clean the kitchen without magic or help of anyone (house elves included). She knocked on the kitchens door and was greeted by a small elf, who had a small sunflower on her head.

   "Oh what can Trinky do for mistress?" said the tiny creature while letting Amelia in.

    "I wish you could do something but its me who is assigned to clean this god damn kitchen" Amelia whined.

    "Oh then you must be Ms. Black come on Trinky will explain everything Ms.Black" said the house elf again.

     Amelia was explained everything by the elf and was handed a broom, a duster, sweeper and few clothes. Amelia was about to pass out when she had the full view of the kitchen no wonder the feasts are amazing, it must require a whole yard to prepare all that food.

     She began with dusting which took around an hour and then the broom came into action. By the time her condition was no good, her face was covered in dust, her hair were ties in the messiest bun, she was wearing a a
tank top and pair of grey shorts so that when she is finished she will just bounce on the bed without any interruption.

     Amelia was done half way brooming when she heard a knock, she was scared like hell because who would arrive in the kitchen at almost midnight and also Mcgonnacal took her wand so that she does not use magic.