Part 1

"Ouch that hurts!" exclaimed Raya.

She was having a playful sword fight with Namaari. This is the closest they have ever been. Since the lands have reunited, they have spent a lot of time together but even being close, it was a bit awkward for Namaari. She's usually the commanding, lone type of warrior princess and being vulnerable is something she is not at all used to and she rarely shows her soft side. 

"Sorry dep la" She said as she helped Raya up from the ground. 

"So this is the 5th time for today you've beaten me in a sword fight" said Raya.

"Hmm yeah. I'll go easy on you next time" Said Namaari as she raised an eyebrow and smiled at Raya

"hah hah... This is the third time you've said that and you're still being hard on me."

"I'm sorry I'm just not used to being so gentle."

"Hey, it's okay. And it's a compliment. You're the best warrior in Kumandra." exclaimed Raya as she smiled sweetly at Namaari.

Namaari and Raya have developed a deeper connection since they became genuine friends and Namaari started feeling... Something. A different kind of feeling whenever she's around Raya. A bit more...attraction? And it got more intense by the day. Whatever this "feeling" was, she hid it for a main reason: if she was attracted to Raya as another female, problems could emerge.

She blushed a little after Raya's compliment and when she noticed herself, she tried to quickly get rid of her expression.

"Thank you but..I- I have to go dep la, got some chores."

"What's wrong?" Raya had a very concerned look on her face.

"It's nothing. Just...need to get some things done and I need a bit of space. I'll see you tomorrow..."

As Namaari was walking away, Raya held on to her hand which startled her a bit.
"I know something is wrong...please tell me what's wrong."

Paranoia caused Namaari to fear that someone might see them and imply that something is up between them. She pulled away her hand then kept walking but at a good distance, sheturned back to have a glance at Raya. It was never in her intentions to hurt her in any way but she was just so afraid. Raya, however, held her head down. It was almost dusk and in the golden sunset, she walked home. Her Ba, Chief Benja was delighted to see her. 

"Welcome my dew drop. How are you? You look a lil down today."

"It's nothing Ba, I'm okay." said Raya in a depressed tone.

"Hmm...Okay. I'll see you at dinner."

...but Raya didn't show up at dinner. She was so worried about Namaari's new behaviour and was anxious to know what was going on in her mind. She was startled when she heard a sudden banging on her window. It was Sisu.

She smiled at Sisu and opened the window.

Sisu pulled her into her embrace and said, "My girl Raya! How are you? I spotted you looking sad from far off."

"Oh Sisu...I'm so worried about Namaari...she seems so depressed and anxious lately..."

"Hmm...makes sense..." Said Sisu scratching her head as though she was trying to recall something.

"What do you mean when you say it 'makes sense'?" asked Raya.

"I was flying by the other night and she was just sobbing. I think-"

Their conversation was interrupted by someone knocking on Raya's door.

"Come in" said Raya.

"Hey..." said Namaari as she entered Raya's room.

"Namaari! You're back!" exclaimed Raya as she went to give her a hug.

Namaari hugged her slightly then bowed to Sisu. "Um Raya.. I-I needed to talk to you but.. um...since you and Sisu are talking I'll just-"

"No we were just finishing up." Said Sisu as she smiled at them then flew off.

"Are you comfortable with the door and window being closed?" asked Namaari.

"Yeah... I'm so worried about you Dep la and I wanna help with whatever might be bugging you." Raya closed the door and the window then sat next to Namaari on the sofa.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~