Part 10

Raya hid behind one of the columns to where she could see Laari, but couldn't be seen by her. Laari was hesitant to enter Virana's room and eventually turned back but something fell from her pocket and a bit spilled. She hurriedly picked up whatever that was and walked away.

In shock, Raya ran to Namaari and said, "Namaari..."

"Hey dep la.." she replied with a sigh.

"We need to talk. Let's go for a walk"...said Raya. She knew that it's best if Namaari knew when they're far from the palace because she may become aggressive and want to immediately harm Laari.

"Hmm...okay." Said Namaari

Namaari held Raya's hand while walking and said, "Dep la, thank you. Thank you so much for being there for me when I needed you most."

"Do you think that I just randomly love you? I don't. I care about you too and will always be by your side." replied Raya

Namaari caressed her hands as Raya gently spoke then stopped to give her a hug.

Raya was a warrior princess but being in the arms of Namaari gave her a feeling of vulnerability and protection. Namaari was a bit taller than her and was defensive of her. All those factors melted Raya from just a brave warrior to a soft lover. While in her warm embrace, Raya said, "Dep la... I love you."

"I love you more my princess." replied Namaari in a soft soothing tone, contrary to her normally rough tone.

"Now...what is it you wanted to tell me?" she asked

"Wait...I didn't say I wanted to ask you something." replied Raya

"You don't need to. I know your expressions and you seemed like you wanted to tell me a secret or something of that sort. You were tense and anxious, princess." said Namaari.

"Well yeah. It's very important...I think I know who poisoned chief Virana."

"WHAT?! WHO?!" demanded Namaari.

"Please, calm down..." asked Raya.

Namaari inhaled a breath of fresh air then slowly exhaled then in a less aggressive tone, she said, "Who is the suspect?"

"I don't have proof at my fingertips nor do I know if my eyes are deceiving me but that nurse...Laari..."

"WHAT?!" said Namaari in shock.

"I was in the lobby reading then I saw her looking suspiciously around like she was hiding something and about to enter the chief's room then-"

"Raya! I don't want to hear any more of this!" yelled Namaari as she backed away.

"But...-"

"But nothing! Laari is one of our most trusted servants and doctors. She's been with my mother for years and it is because of her my mother is in good health! Of course she'll be looking around if anyone's there! It is a requirement! They have to be secretive to catch the suspect. Ask questions before you wrongly assume!" said Namaari angrily.

"Namaari...at least let me show you something...in the palace... a  substance spilled from her when she was walking away..."

"Raya just stop being so negative about who you don't know! That nurse has been like my second mother. Always there for me taking care of me since I was born. And out of every potential suspect, you chose her..."

"Namaari! That is not the case! I do not know anyone from Fang! And there is a threat! And if I see something suspicious, of course I'll speak about it. It doesn't matter who it is. Isn't the aim to catch whoever tried poisoning your mother?!" yelled Raya as she got upset.

"I'm going home." Said Namaari as she aggressively stepped away to go back to the palace.

Raya just stood there in shock and disbelief that Namaari could be so awful to her about a threat. Tears drained from her eyes as she slowly kneeled. Namaari wasn't far and in a broken voice, Raya said, "Remember that trust was once our weakness!"

Namaari then realized how she had just behaved to Raya and she turned around but hesitated to go back to her. She eventually decided to go back to the palace, leaving Raya alone. The girl she longed for who's now hers. Now alone in the woods. The one she embraced just moments ago.

As Raya stayed sobbing for a bit, she heard someone behind her said, "Give her space. She's just overwhelmed"

Raya instantly recognized her Ba's voice. Chief Benja stood there with 4 of this warriors who bowed to the princess, but afterwards, Benja instructed them to keep moving, allowing them some privacy.

"Raya, what have you done?" said Chief Benja in a rather disappointing voice.

"B-Ba?" inquired Raya between her sobs.

He cleared the hair from her neck and there were three hickeys that were faint but not faint enough for him to not notice.

Raya then realized and buried her face in her hands as tears just poured from her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is going on here? What will Benja do? What will happen in Fang?...The story goes on. Don't forget to leave a vote and stay tuned to find out what will happen next <3