𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁𝓲𝓬𝓪𝓵 𝓡𝓮𝓵𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼 : 𝓔𝓷𝓳𝓸𝔂
。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁𝓲𝓬𝓪𝓵 𝓡𝓮𝓵𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼 : 𝓔𝓷𝓳𝓸𝔂。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

Samaya Anne Richards
20 years old

╭══• ೋ•✧๑♡๑✧•ೋ •══╮

"Mom, I really don't necessarily need to wear a skirt or a dress today." I told her as she forced me to put on one of those.

"It's literally youth day, don't nobody wanna look like an old grandma" I added on tryna reason with her but she shook her head at me before making a click sound with her tongue.

"I give up on you. I done fucked up and raised a hoe. You're supposed to be a Christian" She told me and I chuckled.

"Funny how you telling other people to be Christian-like when the foul language spewing out yo mouth says another thing. You're supposed to be a Christian too!" I told her and she rolled her eyes before letting out a low chuckle.

"Being a child of God baby is never easy, you know we all make mistakes and we-" She started and I finished the sentence off for her.

"..Sin too, i know ma." I told her before sighing as I grabbed my bag.

I find it really confusing and frustrating that my mom always acts like I'm not a Christian.

Like ion know Christian ways or like I'm pretending to be one to make her happy when in reality, I really am one. I love God and I love his son, Jesus.

"You ready?" She questioned and I nodded as my dad came out the kitchen. "Whew, my family been THAT, y'all looking good!" He told us and I chuckled as I grabbed my bible.

"Thanks Papa" I told him before walking out the door, making my way to the car. I got in and immediately played Oceans by Hillsong United.

This is honestly my favorite!

"Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders, let me walk upon the waters.. wherever you may call me." I sang along as they entered the car and we all made our way to church.

As I drove by a corner, I saw a homeless man sitting down counting some coins and I stopped the car before reversing a lil bit and getting out. I took out some cash in my wallet for him and gave him some.

"Thank you!" He told me before wiping his face as I watched his eyes get watery.

"May God bless you and hang on. It'll all be okay." I told him before giving him a hug.

See, dirty or not. He's still human. He's still loved by God therefore why can't I?

I opened the car to get back in as my parents looked at me with a smile then I looked forward to see four police cars and a vehicle in the middle.

Jesus help us, help your people know more of you so we don't get to see things like these.

I heard the car doors open and 2 guys got in the back, squashing my mom and dad as another one got in the front, next to me.

"What-" I started but got cut off by the one in front, next to me.

"Drive. Now." He told me as he took out his gun and I sucked in some air.

Oh my.

Please don't tell me they boutta kill us.

As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For you are with me..

"Hey moms, hey pops." I heard one say at the back as I focused on driving.

"Y'all going to church or sumn?" Another one asked and I heard my dad say yes.

"Yo, where y'all church at?" The same one who greeted asked and I kept quiet.

"Down the road, bout seven minutes away from here. Young men, please don't hurt us. We was just on our way to praise the Lord." My dad begged and I took a quick glance at the guy next to me then looked at the gun he had resting in his hand and on his stomach before swallowing hard.

I ain't gon say nun and risk getting shot.

Jesus got me though, that much I know.

"Yo daughter pretty." I heard the other one say and my mom let out a small thank you as I pulled up at the church.

"Aight so listen, we is nice people. We don't wanna hurt nobody. You said you was here to praise the Lord? Y'all go do yo shit, we'll walk from here but don't let us find out y'all telling motherfuckers bout us, or what happened.. cause then the nice in us three, finna ware-off. Got it?" One at the back said and we all nodded.

All three of them got out and closed the door as all three of us froze. The one who was sitting next to me ain't close the door though. He placed his arm on the top part of the car door and bent down a lil bit.

Our eyes locked for longer than I wished before I looked away and I heard him let out a small chuckle before money hit my lap and the door closed.

I watched as the door in the back opened as well and two stacks were thrown towards my mom and dad.

"Thanks." He told them and they nodded before he closed the door and we all looked at each other, finally relaxing before watching them walk away.

We sat in the car for a few minutes before I finally decided I was going to go out and go to church.

"I know y'all a bit shaken up but God kept us safe, the least we can do is go praise him for that. Remember, it could've been worse." I told them before placing the money in my bag then I got out the car and made my way to church.

I sat down on one of the seats and a few minutes later, my best friend Diamond sat down next to me.

"You good?" She questioned and I gave her a look.

"Girllll, I'll tell you after church..I'm shook." I told her and she chuckled before grabbing my hand then we looked forward and started listening.

╰══• ೋ•✧๑♡๑✧•ೋ •══╯

𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐱𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬
-Happy reading-
-Excuse any mistakes-

▪️COMMENT
▪️VOTE
▪️FOLLOW

4𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖘𝖆𝖐𝖊𝖔𝖋𝖑𝖚𝖛❦