M | Black Cat | ATEEZ x San

Requested by HOSHYOSHZ

San breathed in the summer wind. The air flew in through his nostrils and left by his mouth. The sun was setting softly, and he had a front-row seat to it.

"What are you doing out here, angel?" a gentle voice called. Arms wrapped around San's shoulders.

"Just watching the sun, Seonghwa. Want to sit?"

But Seonghwa kissed his cheek and chuckled. "I wish. But I have to cook for six hungry assholes and an adorable kitten."

"Hm." San crossed his arms in a pout.

"Maybe I could get Jongho out here," the older suggested.

"Ew. He's sweaty from lifting weights," San replied. Seonghwa laughed and rubbed his arm.

"So you'll just stay here?"

"Yeah. Call me in if you need help."

"Okay, angel." Seonghwa left him and returned to the kitchen. Through the patio doors, he watched as San snuggled better in the lounge seat surrounded by blankets.

"What's up?" Jongho asked. He opened the fridge, looking for something to drink.

"He's so peaceful when thinking. I know it has to be about him," Seonghwa mumbled.

"I wish I could beat his ass like Yeosang and I intended to."

"Jongho, let's not start..."

"What?! I'm only pointing out the truth. That prick abused San. Mentally and physically. I say we look for him. He has to live there still."

Seonghwa shook his head. "Wash your hands and help me cook dinner, please."

Outside, San remained focused on the sunset. He would try to watch it until it was completely gone — or when Seonghwa finished cooking dinner. Whichever came sooner.

Moments like these made his thoughts race. It brought back waves of memories.

The first, and worst, were of his boyfriend, or 'owner,' as the asshole liked to refer to himself. San looked at his hands. They used to be so rough or sometimes even cut because of how hard he worked for the man.

He was no boyfriend to San. Like most of society, the man loathed hybrids. San calls himself stupid every time he recalls their first date. It should have never existed.

San lived with him for three years — the worst in his life — cleaning, cooking, and fulfilling everything the man demanded him to do. He had nowhere to go after his parents sent him away from their home. There, they were surrounded by similarly hateful people too.

And though the whole process of escaping both hellholes shook him every time, San loved the next thought.

'Wooyoung!'

A pair of heavy shoes stomped down the street. Sitting beside a bush, San tucked his head further into his little ball.

'What, Mingi?' another voice groaned. It was approaching quickly.

'It's a person,' the first said. They tapped San's shoulder. 'Hello?'

'H-hi.'

'Do you have a place to stay?'

'No...'

San heard silence for a moment. It was scary. He didn't know what these two were going to do to him.