A/F | Not My Daddy | Seonghwa x Yeosang ft. Hongjoong

Different title layout? Woahhh....

"Mama, is dada never coming?"

That sentence rung in Hongjoong's ears multiple times. Seeing his son's glassy eyes staring up at him broke his heart.

But they had to move on.

"No, baby. Dada isn't coming back anymore."

"Why?"

Explaining it to a six-year-old is tough. How do you explain to him that the asshole was cheating on you with some whore, highschool sweetheart for five months behind your bac-

Okay, Hongjoong. Breathe.

"Mama?" Yeosang tilted his head. He swayed his small hand with his father's as the two walked to a coffee shop.

"He hurt my feelings, Yeosangie. It's complicated, but I'll tell you when you grow up."

Yeosang nodded. "Like when I'm mama's age?"

Hongjoong laughed. "No, baby. Just when you're older."

"Okay!" Yeosang skipped inside the shop and to the glass case that displayed all the delicious treats Yeosang loved.

"Mmmmm," He hummed as hunger disturbed his little belly.

"Is there something you like, shortie?" A voice asked. Yeosang looked up to see a tall man wearing and apron. His name tag read 'Seonghwa'.

Hongjoong chuckled. "He loves everything here. Don't you, Sangie?"

Yeosang pouted and dug his head into Hongjoong's leg. He was embarrassed.

"He's cute."

"Thank you." Hongjoong looked away quickly. He felt nervous all of a sudden.

"I can ring you up when you're ready."

Hongjoong thanked him and watched the man walk to the register.

"I wonder if he's a new employee. We've never seen him here before, right Yeosang?"

"Hmph." He was still pouting.

"Okay, what do you want today?"

Hongjoong gave his order to Seonghwa once ready. As he paid, the owner whom he'd known for so long came over.

"Hongjoong! I haven't seen you around for about a month. Something happen? Did you quit coffee? And where's-"

"He couldn't come today." Hongjoong forced a smile. "We've been busy."

"I see." The owner handed Yeosang a lollipop. "Here you go, Yeosang."

"Thanks, mister." Yeosang ran to his favorite booth. It was right in the view of the Main street. He liked that.

Once the owner left, Hongjoong lost his track of thinking. He felt distraught. Why did he lie about the breakup? Had he not gotten over it?

"Hongjoong?"

"Huh?"

"Your receipt," Seonghwa said and held out the paper. Hongjoong nodded and thanked him. Then he sat down beside Yeosang.

"What are you looking at, baby?"

"Cars." Yeosang watched the moving cars stop and go.

The early fall wind made the trees dance, and leaves fell like sand falling from an hourglass.

Hongjoong forgot how nice the view was— and it had only been a month.

What occupied his time so much during that month?