A/M | Take Aim | Jongho x Yunho

An action oneshot requested by UltimateMarkBiased.

"How's it looking?"

"No sign of them yet."

"Do you think they're going to arrive when they know people are after them? What stupid idiots would do that?" Jongho kicked some rocks and called out to his husband.

Yunho set his binoculars down with an irritated look. "HQ found their name in the reservations tonight."

"Okay." Jongho shrugged. Yunho returned to observing the area.

"Speaking of stupid idiots..."

Jongho frowned, looking over down at the restaurant from the rooftop.

Park Seonghwa and Kim Hongjoong, leaving their extravagant limousine and checking in with the host for their reservation. It only took seconds to confirm their identity, and the couple was inside.

"Do you think Yongho is being nice to the babysitter tonight?" Jongho scratched under his nails.

"Jongho, get on the sniper."

"She told me he didn't do so well with the squash."

"Jongho."

Jongho exhaled. "We still have to wait for them to sit down, so-"

"Shoot! Shoot!"

Jongho ran to the sniper rifle and aimed to find the two wealthy men who went inside. Yet the shakiness of his hands and his racing heart made it hard to focus on the target.

...

"Jongho!" Yunho shouted, ducking and throwing their setup into bags. "You fucking missed them!"

"S-Sorry, I-"

"Pack up. We have to go."

Jongho held still as he watched Seonghwa and Hongjoong be escorted out and around the restaurant to safety.

~ ~ ~

"Gooo..."

"Oh, my angel." Jongho nuzzled his head against his baby Yongho. The baby was only nine months old, eight months since he was adopted. And ever since he came home, Jongho and Yunho's life brightened ten times more.

"Da..." Yongho lay on his stomach as his father played with his tiny hands. His small fingers wrapped around Jongho's thumb.

"Dada's here."

Jongho cradled his son into his arms, kissing his tiny head and hugging his little body close. Even though his missions could take only a few hours, Jongho felt like the separation from his son had been for days or even weeks.

Yongho gently drifted asleep the second Jongho began humming. His father's soft melody always drove him to nap.

The sound of tossed keys on a glass table made Jongho jump. He hushed Yongho, tucked him into his crib, and left the bedroom. He knew what was coming.

"What did they say?"

Yunho sighed, hands over his face. "They're disappointed. But it shouldn't affect our career. Just don't let it happen again."

"...I'm sorry."

"..."

Jongho creased his eyebrows in anger. "Yunho, I'm sorry. Didn't you hear?"

Yunho looked at him. "What am I supposed to say?! Jongho, you failed our mission. We could have ended Seonghwa and Hongjoong right there, right then. But you were distracted."