M | Reverse | Seonghwa x Hongjoong

Requested by readercliche

"Your majesty," A voice woke Seonghwa. The young prince yawned and rubbed his eyes. "There's urgent news from your parents."

"What is it?" Seonghwa stretched his arms above his head.

"I was only sent to tell you that they wish to speak about private matters with you. Your morning bath is waiting."

"Thanks." Seonghwa walked to his large, luxurious bathroom where a warm tub of water awaited him. Quickly, he stripped from his clothes and sat in.

All worries and priorities left him for a moment. The stress of being the kingdom's well-respected prince weighed him down—a lot.

"Honey!" His mother, the queen of Fever Island, knocked on the door. "Hurry up. Breakfast will not wait for you."

Seonghwa groaned and picked himself up. It took him a few minutes to get dressed, but he was eventually fluffing his wet hair after the bath.

"Your majesty, do you need someone to-"

"I'm fine. Thank you." Seonghwa rushed down the stairs. He entered the dining room, out of breath.

"It's about time," The king muttered.

"Sorry, dad." Seonghwa sat down in his seat. A few maids set out the warm plates of food in front of him. They closed the doors to seal the dining room from anyone around.

"Seonghwa," His mother began.

"What?" Seonghwa asked, mouth full of food.

"We received a note last night. A... gruesome note," His father informed.

"What happened?"

"Remember those guards we thought had abandoned the island with masses of our money?"

"Yeah..."

"We received hands from many of them in a box. It's a large kingdom, much bigger than ours." The king held sadness in his voice.

"But why would they attack us, dad?" Seonghwa looked at his father.

"Greed, sweetheart," The queen answered. "Just greed."

"So what's going to happen now?" The prince asked. "Do we have to hire more guards now, or...?"

The king and queen glanced at each other. Seonghwa noticed it too. "What?"

"There's a kingdom to the west. It's bigger than us, but not as big as them. We sent a message to them about receiving support."

"Oh," Seonghwa mumbled. His hands slipped underneath to grip the tablecloth. He was growing nervous.

"But the thing is... no one's going to help for free," Seonghwa's mother added. "The best way to assure a deal is to suggest a uhm, a marriage."

As Seonghwa's suspicions came true, all the food in his stomach became painful to hold.

"It's for the good of our kingdom, Seonghwa. Please remember that."

"Yeah." Seonghwa stood from his seat. "I'll be up in my room."
~

"On the plus side, maybe they're cute." Seonghwa heard his stylist, Yunho, comment while doing his hair. Tonight would be the night to meet his future spouse. The next time after would be on the wedding day.

"I guess. What would be even better is if it was a cute guy."

Yunho combed through Seonghwa's locks. "I'm sure your parents wouldn't force you to marry a wom-"