M/F | White as Snow Pt. 2 | San x Yeosang

Part 2 of a request by yeosangs_eclipse

"Hongjoong!"

"What is it, Jongho?"

"A guy is lying by the river. Come here!"

Feet pressed against the cold, dewed grass.

"...Is he alive?"

"I think so-"

"Jongho, don't touch him."

"Huh? He's wet, hyung. Probably cold too. We need to take him to Dr. Park."

A sigh followed a moment of silence.

"Alright. Hoist him up into the carriage. I'll look for a blanket."

It was just about a few minutes after breakfast time. Dr. Park Seonghwa already sat at his desk, reading documents and records from the previous day. His patients were resting in the ward.

"Seonghwa!"

"Your highness, Prince Jongho." Seonghwa bowed his head.

Jongho dismissed the formalities. "Hongjoong and I found a boy by the river outside the palace. I think the current brought him down here."

"Show me."

Seonghwa called guards to lay Yeosang over a clean bed with towels.

"Jongho, Hongjoong. Help me change his clothes," he ordered.

The prince pointed at himself. "Me?"

In just a few minutes, Yeosang lay in a warm bed, dressed in comfortable, warm clothing, with a peaceful look upon his face.

"He's not waking up," Hongjoong commented.

Seonghwa shook his head. "No..." He examined Yeosang all over. No injuries, to his surprise. His breathing was fine. He was just... in a deep sleep.

"What could it be, Seonghwa?" Jongho asked. He walked past and inspected Yeosang's clothing. A simple collared shirt and slacks.

"This isn't normal," the oldest said, looking through medicine books for an answer.

"Hm."

Brisk steps filled the bedroom.

"What's going on here?"

A male dressed in a traditional blue hanbok entered. His puffed sheer sleeves were straight against his sides. A taller man followed behind.

"Your highness." Seonghwa bowed. Hongjoong did too.

"What are you so dressed up for?" Jongho teased.

"Mom made me meet another suitor," the one in blue muttered. "What's happening?"

"Hongjoong and I found this guy on our trip to the river. He was laying by it already wet and unconscious when we found him."

The male's eyebrows furrowed. "The river carried him?"

Jongho shrugged. "I don't know, San. I guess."

"Coma?" Hongjoong suggested to the doctor. Seonghwa shook his head.

"Possibly, but I'm not getting that feeling. I'd have to run some tests-"

Suddenly the male behind San spoke up. "Jongho, where did you get that badge from?"

"Hm?" Jongho held a mysterious tattered badge that read A-Z. "It was on the guy's clothes."

He stepped forward, taking it from the young prince. And after reading it for some time, there was a slight shake of the head.