Chapter 8: A Force to be Reckoned

Days went by, it seems that she welded perfectly into his life not romantically though (or maybe there is, but she just pushes the idea at the back of her head). Tutor days were spersed with training. It came to a point that once, Eren tried to coax her into joining him rather than sitting there waiting for him to finish. Finally she gave in. The basics were tough even though he was taking it easy on her. But most of all it was emotionally challenging. She has been controlling these seemingly new emotions that were trying to spur out of her consciousness whenever their bodies were close. Everytime he pinned her down, she could feel her heart racing not wanting to let go. She finally decided upon herself that this has to stop before it's too late. She doesn't know what they really are or maybe she is just imagining it born out of her longings to be wanted or desired, that she long kept walled in her heart.

Eren on the other hand, had the same dilemma. He is fighting back such feelings afraid that he might scare her, especially with their new found closeness. He doesn't want to let her think that this rush of emotions was for him to forget his past love. No it wasn't. It came just like that, soft as a breeze and at the same time a rushing force  wanting to break open his resolve of rationality.

Yes, he managed to let her join him with his training but would not allow her to be coached by others. Honestly enough, he just wanted to have an excuse to touch her, to feel her close, selfish it may seem. The warmth she gave him seemed to tame his restless soul.

One day he nearly lost his control during one of their sparring moments. After he pinned her down again, heavy ragged breathing, he felt he was being sucked again by those blue oceanic eyes. The same feeling when he first saw her and those eyes lingered more than it have to. He suddenly leaned closer. He could feel her breath touching his lips. Their hearts beating faster, more than just a physical reflex. Noses touching, sweat dripping, anticipation heightend. Historia then closed her eyes as Eren stared down at those lips.

Then, the door swung open.

"Hey, Eren could I use your spare bands? I seemed to have lost mine" as Connie chimed, oblivious to what was happening thinking that it was just a sparring moment. Obviously dense to the surrounding tension on the mat.

They hurriedly stood up. Faces flushed that can be excused as intense training. Tight lipped, eyes looking around the room, her hands clenched and him on the back of his neck.

"What's wrong with you two?" as Connie seemed to finally grasp what he just barged into, looking intently to these both embarassed teenagers.