Chapter 10: Promises are Made to be Broken

"Was that all there is to it? Was I too harsh?" as Krista laid on her back, looking at the ceiling. She feels conflicted. She hates to admit it that she misses his friendship but she doesn't like where this is heading to, if she just go with the flow of emotions.

She doesn't want to become like her sister. Depressed, cut out of society just because of a man. The same thing with her mom, where she found her hanging in the room. It was too much to bear, at the age of five, as she gripped her feet crying Mommy. A tear flowed down from her cheek. Strongly she wiped it out and tells herself that she made the right decision.

Everyone was staying away from Eren. They could feel the angry strong punches as he pounded the punching bag over and over again. It was not because he was frustated on her decision, it was he was more angry of himself. "Was I too fast? Was I not thinking clearly? Why did I not bother to get to know her first more, take things slow....Yes she can be brutal at times, she's my chihuahua, that's a fact. But sure do I miss her. Why can't I control myself when I'm with her. Ugh, I hate what I'm feeling that includes you too down there. This is not me. This is not me...." as he continully pound, convincing himself.

A few days after, things began to mold back. As they coincidentally entered the school together, awkward silence was hanging. Until both of them turned around and said sorry in unison which left them laughing,  thinking they both have the same thing in mind. They knew that  even though they might irritate each other at times, they just can't live without each other, that's for sure. Eren promised that he wouldn't ask anything beyond what they have and Krista swear that she will try not to bite him off.