Chapter 16: Blush

"Why wouldn't she pick up the phone" an irritated Eren keep dialing. "Hey Mikasa, have you gotten hold on Jean? "

"Yeah he's totally whipped," Connie smirked as Mikasa glared back at him. "Sorry man, I really thought she dropped by here. And I don't know what's with Jean though."

On the other hand, Sasha was busy rummaging on Krista's care package, until she got hold of her baked cookies. "Hey that's mine" as he shouted but couldn't grab it being bound on bed.

"Uhmmm, can I just rest for a moment." as he pinched his forehead clearly irritated of the situation.

"Okey will be back tom, just don't try to sweat the small stuff", as Mikasa tapped his shoulders trying to comfort him.

"And we'll totally bring them both tom" Connie brought a thumbs up, hoping to assure him.

"I don't mind you not bringing along the horse though. Animals are not allowed in the hospital."

It was dinnertime, when he got hold of her. Irritation dissipated as he slept it through the whole afternoon. But he still can't hide the disappointment and possibly jealously in his voice.

"Hey, where are you?"

"I'm w/ Jean right now. Let's drop by this place when you're okay, the crabs are great."

"You're STILL with him??? How long has it been???"

"hey, hey, hey... Why are you so angry? It's not like we're doing anything wrong. What's wrong with you?  "

"Says the one who didn't even dropped by....and I dont need the care package...

....I WANT YOU."

There was a long pause over the line, until she break it, "We'll just talk this one out tom. Il'll be there I promise." hanging up the phone.
"Hey is anything wrong?" Jean prodded. "Nah just Eren having a tantrum." as she imagined him pouting over the line.
"Hahaha, nothing new with that. Don't worry, well drop by tommorrow. I'll get you from school"

The next day, every one seems to be in a good mood hearing that he'll be for discharge tom. Nobody bothered to talk about yesterday's drama.

Krista stayed behind as promised, she sat by his bedside and took hold of his pinkie.

"Hey, what's with you yesterday?"

He looked the other way around, trying not to meet her eyes.

"I'm just disapponted. I thought you'd be right by my side when I wake up."

"I'm sorry Eren, I really am but....
... I couldn't barge in with your friends there. They also need you"

"It's not like they don't know you. You've been spending a lot of time with them when we're at the gym"

"... It's not that... It's just that, it seems...I'm not needed at the moment.."

"Come her" as he pulled her wrist and he tugged right into the bed, embracing her.

"Who says you're not needed?" as he looked down on her meeting her eyes. Blushing she hid her face on his chest trying to ignore the loud beating of her heart.