Chapter 7: Sort Of

The crowd was rowdy, placing bets and cheering for their faves. Eren forcefully put his jacket on her even though how much she objected. Looking at those perverted bastards make him sick, she was a beauty who seemed to be out of place in a world full of sweat and bloodshed. And he didn't even know why he was doing it and why the heck he brought her here. It was all by impulse. And yet he liked the idea of letting her know his world more.

They took seats out on the back, but with a good view on the center. There were tv panels on each side, they still got a good view of the fight. He took a glance on Krista who seemed to be enjoying the scenario. "She really is a violent chihuahua despite of that sweet facade."chuckling to himself. "Hey Eren" cutting his thoughts, "Do you often come here and place bets? It seems you don't need the money with that family of yours? Or you're addicted to gambling?" as she looked at him with curious eyes. "None of it, I'm a fighter. Right know, I'm waiting for the next fight, because I want to study my opponent before my competition next month." "ohhhhh..." and that was all she had  left to say as she was thinking this is how he got those abs, and she pinched herself, to stop her thought train for going somewhere indecent and most of all directed to the man she loathe.

Next in line, the fight was pretty intense. And she got carried away to the extent fangirling for his opponent. She even imagined they were meant to be beacuse of their almost same height. On the other hand, Eren was intently looking at his opponent's different fighting positions and tactics. The guy was so swift  and his blows were out of proportion despite of his size. It seems that he was flying all over the place. He was so focused, that he did not heard someone was calling him.

"Hey Eren, ready for the fight" as the bald one grab on his shoulders, followed by a girl who seems to be munching like there is no tomorrow. "And Sasha stop wiping your hands on my shirt" "Hey I was just cheering you on" He just rolled his eyes and got the bag of potato chips and gave it to Krista. "Oh by the way, this is Krista, my classmate. And this is Connie and Sasha. We're on the same team." Krista shook their hands and gave back the chips to Sasha who seemed to be eyeing it more than responding to her greeting. "By the way, where's horseface?" "He got reprimanded by Coach Pixis, he was caught drinking hard instead of training his ass for next month. It seems that he was depressed though." Connie answered. "Nah, forget about him. If he is not willing to clean up his act, he is better off the team." Sasha rebutted, "Don't say that,  is this about Mikasa?" Eren grew quiet. Yes, they have been childhood friends then lately they became more than that to the point of breaking boundaries of what friends are supposed to be. They both were each other's firsts. But then just a week ago, he caught Jean and her making out in her room. He was devastated, he knew he was at fault too. He lashed out at her a few days when she started becoming too clingy even though they had no label, thus suffocating him. He angrily told her how much she had hated her. But he never thought that she would find comfort with Jean, the man he hated the most. She knew that. And that's why the cut was like a double edged sword. And this why he is slacking in class. So he could avoid those two. She tried to apologize to the point of breaking up with Jean, but he was not ready to hear her or them out.

Krista felt the sudden awkward silence. So she just jumped up wildly cheering for her bet. The three caught off guard and were back at the game. "Maybe, that was his"sort of", as her thoughts were trying to remember who she is.