Chapter 14: Kindred Souls

She hurriedly and softly closed the door and walked away. She left the care package at the nurse station instructing them to give it to him. As she was about to exit, Connie was waving his hand with the rest of the gang including Jean from behind.

"Oh Krista, glad to have bump into you here. How was our man?"

"Oh, he's fine and he's up. Uhm, I'd better go, I've got some important things to do. See you all around. Bye" as she hurried past them.

Jean, on the other hand, stayed behind and went after her.

"Hey, Krista...I know it's not my business but you seem off."

"Uhm..eh...."

Guess she was easy to read, as she tried to think of reasons, to weasel this one out. It's been couple of days since she'd got to know Jean while visiting Eren. It was easy talking to him, as you try to distract your mind from anxiety, worrying when he'll wake up.

"I'm...I'm not needed at the moment..." as she looked down not meeting him in the eye, afraid that the feelings that she's been denying for Eren will show up.

"I know what you mean, you can't hide it from me. You're jealous right?"

"Noooo...No, I'm not!" as she said pouting.

"Woah, you seem a little defensive" as he laughed at her sudden outburst.

"Well let me take you home and you have no right to say no" as he dragged her arm straight to his car.

And she just chuckled at the thought, "Well kindred souls do stick together... No wait, I'm not jealous."

Lost in her thoughts, she suddenly realized that this was not the way home.

"Where are you taking me?"

"Relax, I'm taking you to my favorite place. I can't take you home sulking like that."

Author's Side Note:

I don't know why I came up with this last pairing. Well, I'm such a fan of Jean, his dev't as a character was good and also his glow-up is so fine.

This is because I saw at twitter a post, saying Jean would be the type to say "I love you" in between kisses...and them being unrequited of some sort, why not explore it for the time being... 😁😅

And Krista always being dragged or kidnapped... I can't help it. She's so cute like a puppy from a litter being picked up... Sorry Krista for these boys.. 😁