TEN

I'mani

"I need to leave Maine tonight but I need money  can you hook me up with one of your Daddies the richest one preferably" her eyes widen and she sighs.

"What's going on Mani?" It's between life and death and I think it's better if you don't know " I can help you talk to me " I try so hard not to break down in front of her but I do I let go and cry she pulls me closer holding me while I cry in her shoulder I don't know how long we stay like that but somehow I fell asleep.

I wake up with someone calling my name as I open my eyes i know they swollen but I feel better somehow like the weight is off my shoulder i sit up I see Latisha with food "you need to eat "Thank you " it's fine but you still need to tell me I have never seen you cry it broke me so whatever you going through its definitely serious" I look at eating the sandwich she made me preparing myself on what I am going to her.

I start by the hijacking ,I tell her how he stabbed Jose and I know he's coming after me next "I always knew your brother was shit but this God Mani you should have come to me " I didn't want to burden you with my baggage "Don't be stupid we friends ,friends help each other " she stands up walking to her bedroom she stays there a few minutes comes bag out with a duffle bag.

"Since we know how dangerous these people are you need to leave right now they probably at your apartment now" she gives the bag "I only have five grand on me but it will get you to the next town " I feel the tears threatening me again I just stand up hugging her somehow I will make it up to her if I live through this.

"Thank you Latisha I don't know how to thank you" let me drop you at the bus station" I nod and we leave walk to her car as she drives me the snow begins to fall for the first time it looks so bueatiful I grew up here i always hated it but somehow I will miss this place when we get to bus station we hug not sure what to say to each other I tell her to take care of herself.

I assure her that somehow I will be fine.