twentysix: rebuilding.

Cameron squirmed a little, feeling something move on him. He creaked his eyes open, seeing Ada slowly get up from the floor the best she could before walking away. Cameron realized they must have fallen asleep on the floor for a second, the tv no longer showing music videos but an episode of Ridiculousness. Rubbing his eye awake as he sat up, he listened to Ada's footsteps pattering away before the sound of cabinets opening, like she was searching for something. He turned over on his knees before fully standing up, pulling his shirt down that was bunched up on his chest.

"Baby," he said as sweetly as he could through his now groggy voice. Ada looked over her shoulder as he came toward her.

"Yes?" she answered.

"What'cha doing-" Cameron began to ask, briefly hugging her from behind. He paused when he realized that she was opening one out of three bottles rowed up in front of her as she shook a pill from each one into her palm.

"Taking medicine," she mumbled as she opened a water bottle. Cameron let go of her so that she could do what she needed to do, watching her pop each one into her mouth and washing it down.

"You uh... you want me to make you something to eat?" Cameron hesitantly asked as she threw back the last pill. Ada shook her head after she swallowed before putting the bottle back, reaching up to the other cabinets. "No? Why? You not hungry?"

"I got it," she shrugged, pulling down a bowl before heading to the fridge.

"Oh... you sure? I... I can make something for you?" he offered again as she waddled around the kitchen.

"Yeah, I got it," she chuckled as she stretched up to the top of the fridge to get the Cheerios.

Cameron watched for a split second before gently grabbing her arm, stopping her. "Ada... you just got home. Let me do it. I can make a big breakfast, you want bacon? Eggs?"

"Cameron-"

"Waffles? I can make you some chocolate chip-"

"Cameron!" she giggled, caressing his face. "I got it."

"Oh, well I-...I know that...it's just-"

"I can make my own food, I'm not handicapped," Ada chuckled, giving his chin a quick pinch before going back to her cereal. Thinking her being pregnant was leading him to act so much like a guarded care taker right now.

But in actuality, watching her make herself food seemed a bit foreign to him. He felt thrown off. Having gotten used to the many early mornings where she would just sit and stare at the food he made until he had to spoon feed her. He guessed that the reason he felt obligated to make Ada food was not only because she looked like she was going to literally fall over every time she took a step now, but he had gotten used to essentially being her caretaker for those weeks of her being down.

This was his first glimpse of realizing that she really did make progress in that hospital. Just the simple act of her making breakfast and feeding herself seemed like such a huge change.

But that wasn't the only thing that changed. He was left stunned when Ada accidentally dropped her spoon onto the floor. She looked down at it in disdain. "Fuck... got damn it," she spat.

"Uh whoa? Whoa, what was that?" Cameron giggled a little nervously, taken aback by her words.

"What was what?" she asked as she began to try and squat down to retrieve her spoon, giving a small grunt the lower she got.

"You cursed. Like a whole 'F' bomb there," Cameron pointed out, swiping the spoon up for her before grabbing her hand and helping her stand back up straight.