twentyone: for me.

Opening her eyes, Ada had to immediately shut them again as nothing but brightness struck her. Her head immediately started pounding, and she clutched at her forehead and groaned. Her palms went frozen, and she picked up whatever was sitting on her forehead and opened her eyes to see it was a bag of ice wrapped in a now soaked paper towel. But she only saw a glimpse because she instantly had to shut her eyes again from the harsh light. She felt her back stretch involuntarily, and her legs shook as her body woke up fully, hearing the popping of some muscles. She groaned again before gasping when she felt something grasp onto her leg.

She tried to sit up, but was stopped. Her eyes went wide as she came face to face with a man. He was a black man, a clinical mask pulled down to his chin and his mouth moving as he said something to her. She squinted her eyes as she let out a terrified yell, beginning to hit at his hands as he tried to subdue her.

"Hey! Hey, calm down! Calm down!" the man yelled, instantly getting irritated when Ada punched him in the chest. He grabbed a hold of her wrists, forcefully pushing her arms down and trying to pin them to her sides. "Hey! Do not hit me! Ow! Fuck, I do not get paid enough for this- Stop hitting me!"

Ada began to cry, screaming in utter fear as more people entered into the white room. They all began speaking at once, her swinging limbs being held down by different hands. She furrowed her eyebrows when she heard three clicks followed by another, looking up and seeing her wrists being handcuffed.

"No!" Ada yelled out over the clicking sounds and the overlapping talking, kicking her legs and trying to stop the handcuffs that were trying to be slapped around her ankles.

"You need to calm down! Okay?! Calm. Down." A woman firmly demanded, before turning her attention to the black man who had been struck by Ada. "And you need to be more careful, she's pregnant!"

"She just decked me in my fucking chest!" the man snapped.

"Excuse me!" the woman pointed outside and furrowed her eyebrows at him. He grumbled, walking out as he ripped his mask off. "We will be talking!"

Ada began to involuntarily sob as she took in her foreign surroundings. She was in some sort of bedroom, that was quite literally just a bed in a room. It looked like a jail cell, white cement walls and one small window. It was so bright, the fluorescent light on the ceiling basically blinding her, making Ada keep her eyes squinted.

"Are you okay? Can you calm down for me?" the woman asked, watching as Ada tearfully looked at her, her face painted in fear.

"What's-... I-..." Ada stumbled, trying to get some answers or think of where exactly she was. Her eyes widened when someone else walked into the room, seeing Dionne. She walked over Ada, giving a small smile.

"Ada, hey girl, you're awake," Dionne smiled sweetly as Ada squinted her eyes which were turning red and puffy. Her forehead feeling isolated and cold from the ice pack that had been on her head as she began to get hot and sweat.

Ada struggled for a second, feeling her emotions trying to take over. But now was not the time to go mute. She really needed answers. "What's this... what's this?!" was all she could spit out, yanking her wrists and making the handcuffs clink against the bed rails. It pained her, making her grimace from the tight locks.

"Here, we'll take these off but you have to promise not to get violent, mmkay?" Dionne stated, stepping back and allowing the woman to unlock the handcuffs. Ada was silent as she let the woman release her.

"You scared us for a moment there. You passed out when we got you in the car. You've been out for about... an hour and a half. We had you checked out, your vital are fine. How are you feeling? You don't feel dizzy or anything like that, do you?"