Chapter Thirty-One | Unspoken Feelings

PREVIOUSLY ON TRAINING PRINCE ARROGANT: Lyra had her coming out ball and there, reconciled with Brendan. She then finds out that Sebastian knows about her relationship with the Prince, he tells her to "be careful". Lyra goes back into the Royal Castle and there Brendan gives her his grandmothers bracelet and tells her that he loves her.

==========================================================

Am I hearing this correctly?

"I love you." Prince Brendan reiterated, much slower this time.

My eyes widen, heart pounding; "Brendan, I-"

"I. Love. You." Prince Brendan continued, now determined to have me memorise it.

I covered my open mouth. Prince Brendan was speaking love to me, literally and all I said to that is what. Slowly closing the velvet box, I took a step away from him.

"You do not have to say it back." Prince Brendan cooed, "I wanted to say it because I did not want it to slip out of my mouth when we were in public together."

"In public together?" I repeated, now feeling a lump forming in my throat.

My mind was spinning. Prince Brendan had just told me he loves me. This is completely out of the blue. With a quick turn I began pacing back and forth in the middle of the hallway, with clenched fists.

"Too soon?" He probed, leaning his hip against the windowsill.

"No." I simply put, "I just do not know how to react-"

He continued explaining, "I would not know either. This is the first I have-"

"Your first time?" I quivered, "This is your first time saying it?"

Prince Brendan casually shrugged his shoulder and allowed me to go back to my pacing. Love. Who knew Prince Brendan was capable of love. Sometimes I wondered if love was only for the privileged few, love had its limits and at times they can ruin a person.

"We are suited to love, Lyra." Answering my thoughts, my fears.

I want to say something but I can bring myself to find any words.

Brendan repeated once more, "We are suited to love each other. And I know I love you."

I rested my head against the window, trying to make sense of the situation; the bracelet, those three words. It's a big move for someone who can't bare the thought of taking responsibilities for his future.

"Give me some time, Brendan. I'll get there." I promised him.

"I love you." He quietly put.

I hooted at his playful manner, "That's not enough time."

I'll get there. I will get there. Maybe the problem is that I can't love properly. It's the fact that I've been closeted my whole life so I can't possibly feel something so profound. Prince Brendan trailed his fingers along my arm and kissed my temple.

"Missy?"

"Yes?" I whispered in a softer tone.

"I do not want this to be a secret anymore."

I shot my arm away, "What?"

"I want us to be more permanent. I don't want to lurk around with the chance of getting caught."

"Brendan, do you know what you're saying?" I questioned rather angrily, "What if your parents forbids this?"

"Then I guess Mother and Father will have to have another son to be King."