Prologue (E)

I marched at my own pace and allowed time for the servants to bow to me. What could I say? I'm an important person. I love the servants and maids. They were practically my second family whenever Mother and Father were gone.

I came to a stop in front of Father's room. The gold and white double doors were three times bigger than me and as I clasped onto the latch, I quietly opened his study door and peered in.

"I know what you are thinking. It's too much of a young-"

"You know what I'm thinking? Darling, how could you?" Mother sobbed, walking away from Father.

I watched on as Mother and Father began to talk to one another, at times Mother would scream and Father would answer with a controlled tone. What's going on? This isn't making any sense!

"How long?" Mother quivered, still not looking at Father.

"I wish it was longer but there are things that-"

"How long?" Mother repeated as a cold chilled ran down my spine.

"Under these circumstances, I can't say."

"How much longer? Just answer that for me."

Father rested his elbows on the armrest of the chair and closed his eyes, "Nine years."

"Nine years." Mother echoed, covering her face with the tears running down her face.

"Darling, it was made beyond our time. I cannot change what's written in history." Father explained to Mother.

Mother finally turned around to face Father, "Do I know who it is?"

"Yes. We're visiting them tomorrow."

Come on, think! What is Father talking about? And who are we meeting tomorrow? All I know is: I have nine remaining years and we're all meeting the family tomorrow. Something that would set Mother into tears. Something that would have Father in a conflicted stance.

"We were destined by fate itself. And it so happens that they have-"

"I know." Mother finished.

Have what? What do they have? I found myself cross, I did not know what was going on and I hadn't the slightest idea.

Father softened his voice, "We cannot change it. We have to respect and honour my Grandfather's wish."

Walking back to my room, I held onto Mother's face, she wouldn't be crying if it wasn't something big. Something is going to happen to me in nine years. Father's words boomed and repeated over and over in my head. Darling, it was made beyond our time. I cannot change what's written in history.

If Mother and Father know this family. Then I know this family and without a doubt, I would be tied with this family. I unlocked the hidden connections. The answers were right in front of me. Tied. No.