(Pt I) Chapter Twenty-Four | Crowded

Hey guys. I know it has been a long time and for that I am deeply sorry. But I want you to know that I don't want to write this story for the sake of writing. I love you guys and I wanted to make this story as good as possible.

==========================================================

"Wren!" Prince Brendan yelped, giving me a quick kiss before he let go of my waist.

This is going to go very well.

"What are you doing here Soldier?" Prince Brendan delightfully asked, trying to remain as calm as possible.

Wren was silent and continued to stare at me. Oh my... Did I have something on my face? Was my lipstick smudged?

"Wren?" Prince Brendan pressed, putting his hand on Wren's tiny shoulder.

"Play." Wren quietly mumbled returning his attention to Prince Brendan.

Prince Brendan deeply sighed in relief and grinned, "Wren. Tell me what you saw just then. How long have you been standing there?"

I feared for Wren's answered. Please...sweet heaven above, please don't say anything. My pulse quickened. My hands began is sweat to a point where I was disgusted with myself. And I found myself chanting a silent prayer for Wren not to say anything. Wren beamed and waved his hands in the air, almost like he didn't have a single care in the world. A wave of relief washed over me. I walked over and stood by Prince Brendan's side while he leaned his head against my hip.

"Smooch." Wren blurted. Both, Prince Brendan and I's smile vanished, leaving me with the exact same feeling I had only two minutes ago.

"Wren, listen to me very carefully." Prince Brendan's voice was slow and deadly.

It was too hard for me to notice if Wren was nodding because the poor boy's was shaking his head in all sorts of directions. I brought my hands to my face and whimpered in frustration.

Prince Brendan saw my desperation and attempted again. Prince Brendan held onto Wren's head and repeated, "You saw nothing. You hear me? You saw nothing. Do not repeat a word of this to your Mother."

It seemed like Wren didn't comprehend what his Uncle was saying to him. As I looked in-between my fingers, Wren wore a goofy grin on his angelic face and I could tell Prince Brendan was on the brink of inflamed frustration as well. What could I say? Talking to a child who could not talk was difficult. You wouldn't be sure if the message you're trying to convey is being understood if the child is waving his hands in the air while smiling nonstop.

Prince Brendan sternly shouted, now frightened Wren, "Listen here you-"

I was a bit surprised as well. This could either go two ways. Wren would still look at his Uncle with loving eyes or he would do what normal, healthy children do. Scream. Scream to the ends of the earth. I held my breath in and swat Prince Brendan's head. How could you threaten your nephew? I didn't mean to beat the 'Crown Prince and future King of Kalkaska' in front of someone related to him. But I did it for the right reasons and I will not tolerate Prince Brendan's ill-mannered tone of voice.

Prince Brendan angled his head and cocked his eyebrow at me. I obliged by staring straight into his. You will not bully Wren into this. I jerked the angle of my hip I pushed Prince Brendan's head away and coughed.

"Wren? Darling. We both know you saw your fair share of your Uncle's intimate moment of passion. But I would be so grateful if you didn't repeat what you saw today, to anyone."

"Smooch." I pretended to laugh along with Wren. This is far from easy.

"Now Wren, don't be like that."