Author's Note #6

I know. I'm sorry. I've disappeared and I haven't updated in a WHOLE month.

Since I'm in my final year of high school, our Half Yearly Tests just past. Yesterday was my last test. And it was Maths. EWWW! For the past month, I've been studying hard and I've been focusing that instead of writing. There...I admitted it. 

BUT FEAR NOT. It is now the holidays (which is my 2 week break) and I'll be updating once again! I know this is no excuse for leaving you hanging and for that...

I'm sorry. I'm truly sorry. And I'll be even more sorry for what I'm about to say.

Because my holidays just began...I'm leaving for Japan and Korea in 4 hours. AND I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE THINKING;

"You...just went to America...." or "YOU JUST CAME BACK!"

I know and I'm soooo sorry! If you guys are mad at me I'm sorry. 

So before I go, I'll give you guys a sneak peak of the next chapter.

PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS IS JUST A DRAFT

==========================================================

Chapter 25 – Final Stay

Princess Aveline shot an enthusiastic smile at me and while doing so, Wren glared at his Uncle who was making his way towards to me. What was I doing? Digging my heels into the fine grass. Why are you doing this? No…don’t look at me. Don’t touch me. Don’t even attempt to talk to me. I was screaming at him in my mind. Who does that? Who goes back on what we agreed on?

“Are you sure?” Queen Clarissa asked her son, trying to grasp the situation.

I focused my vision of sight on the entrance of the maze, making sure I wasn’t giving any of my attention to him. You prickly, selfish, impotent being.

“Yes, I am sure.” Prince Brendan answered in the most calming voice.

Well I don’t think I’m sure. Has anyone bothered to ask me that? I felt my heart rate quicken, Mamma and the boys were staring at me, seeing if they could get any reaction out of me. My face was impassive, not a twitch of an eye or a shiver of a finger would give me away.

Lady Sylvia’s words echoed in my head. He’s infatuated by you. You’re his first.

“Lyra?” James called. I turned around, expecting four boys to scowl in abhorrence. “Can we speak to you please?”

“I think it’s time for the adults to go elsewhere.” King Leon said, still trying to make light of the situation.

As Father lead Mamma away, five of the figures slowly disappeared into the distance. Leaving me facing four worried cousins and Princess Aveline grinning at Prince Brendan’s back. Lady Sylvia led Prince Brendan away from us, while Princess Aveline was still cradling her son.

“You know you can’t stop me once I’ve made up my mind.” I said, looking elsewhere.

“Are you sure about this?” Alex looking more anxious than ever,

“Sure about what? I didn’t ask him to volunteer.” I pointed out, “He won’t exactly listen to me if tell him that I don’t want him to guide me.”

Princess Aveline smirked.

“And it’s not like he’s going to kill me in there. Sure a few hateful words will be said but other than that, I think everything will be dandy.”

Dandy? I just said dandy. Of course I’m still a little angry that Prince Brendan did what he promised he wouldn’t do but wouldn’t this be nice; spending time with each other.

“Boys, let her be.” Princess Aveline waved.

Marcus continued, “But your Majesty, he’s-”

“I know what Brendan can be like. But there’s no point in stoping this. What is done has been done.” Princess advised, caressing Wren’s back so that he could go to sleep. “Its best you leave it at that before he bites your head off.”

“You should listen to the Princess.” I taunt the boys.

Sebastian smiled through his apprehensive expression and shook his head. Marching up to me, he kissed my forehead and whisper to me, “Be careful.”

James, Marcus and Alex followed Princess Aveline’s lead and Sebastian waited for Lady Sylvia to come back with Prince Brendan. As they emerged from the corner, Prince Brendan shared an enthusiastic laugh with her. A hole in my chest is now deepening and I didn’t know if I was feeling what I thought I was feeling. Is this jealously? Am I jealous? I might be, seeing as I should be the one who makes him laugh and not her. What on god’s green earth is wrong with me? I am never jealous. Never, well for the right reasons but most of the time I’m never jealous. Sebastian held out his arm for Lady Sylvia to hold upon. Oh no…does he fancy her? He’s been very charming towards her lately and he hasn’t been showing any interests towards anyone either.

“Are you ready?” Prince Brendan pulled me back into reality, as we both watch Sebastian and Lady Sylvia walk away.

Glaring at him, I kick him in the shine and walk off to the entrance of the maze leaving him, howling in pain. I did that because it would be funny and because he deserved it.

Prince Brendan catches up to me and lightly pinches my butt cheeks.

I yelped, “How dare you touch-”

As I spun around to finish my line, Prince Brendan grabs a hold of my chin and passionately kisses me. So deeply, so fiercely that I begin to lose feeling in my knees.

==========================================================

How was that? Please forgive me for not updating in a while. I'm so sorry. I'll be writing, that's write...HAND WRITING this chapter down so that I can update when I get back for KorPan.

Like my word? Its Korea and Japan mesh up together: KorPan