(Pt I) Chapter Eight | Deal

I'm going to thank you guys again for the comments and votes and the support. Your support is what is keeping me going! :)

So I came back from retreat. And the retreat made me feel...at ease. It really opened me up to the decisions I have to make in the future. I have to admit, I was in a bad place a week ago, and coming back made me feel happy.

==========================================================

As I was served the richest lemon tea, I waited for Prince Brendan to show up. Jean was at my side, nibbling on the cinnamon cookie I gave her. She still was not talking to me; she was reluctant in telling me whether they were feeding her properly or not. And from the looks of it, my question was answered.

"Jean?"

"Miss?" she looked up, giving me her full attention.

I smiled at her innocent aura, "Do you have friends among the staff?"

She paused at the question. Giving me yet another expressionless face, I couldn't read her. I delicately placed the teacup as and crossed my arms, "Are they treating you right?"

We arrive back at the Royal Palace, I short while ago. James accompanied me inside until the Prince pulled him away from me, and now I'm in his study once again. Waiting for the Prince in my sweaty riding clothes, I will admit that I am a patient person, but not for the Prince...not for him.

I dragged myself out of my thoughts and repositioned myself, facing Jean. Maybe she was anticipating it. Who knows? This girl's face was undetectable.

Jean creased her brow and began, "Among the staff..."

I was surprised at her sudden change of heart. She was opening up to me, "Go on."

"Among the staff, I get-"

"What. Are. You. Doing?" the Prince boomed, I looked across, finding him situated at the entrance of the door.

Alarmed, I placed my hand on her shoulder, assuring her everything would be perfectly fine. Jean looked to me and pushed my hand off.

"You're Majesty!" Jean uttered, dropping the cookie and jumping onto her two feet.

He walked in further and pointed at me, "What right do you have to eat Miss Lyra's food?"

I coughed, giving him the strongest look I could muster. This didn't concern him. It didn't matter whether I gave my food or Jean or not, he wasn't in charge of my maid. The Prince finally noticed my glare and shook his head in satisfaction.

"Leave at once." He ordered without a second thought, "I'll deal with you later."

Jean, now petrified, obeyed the Prince's demand and curtsied to the both of us. I cringed at her unfortunate state and gave her a smile as she shut the door on us. What is your problem?

"These servants don't know their place...that's the problem." He muttered, taking his place on the couch in front of me.

Finding myself furious, I stood there, not taking my place, not looking at him in the eye. He answered my question. They don't know their place? Jean is one of the most diligent maids I have ever come across; he can't just compare her to the other maids.

"Aren't you going to sit?" Prince Brendan asked.

"Why did you do that?" I wondered, still not meeting his eyes.

"Do what?" acting muddled with my question.

"She's isn't yours to order around. I, voluntarily, gave her my food." I didn't want to explain myself. I didn't have to. I wasn't a subject of the Prince.

His stunned expression washed over his face, "Voluntarily?"

I turned to him and guaranteed him. Feeling more irritated, "Yes, you're Majesty. She didn't take my food, I gave it to her."

"Do you feel sorry for her or are you just senseless?" he cynically mocked.

"I beg your pardon?" trying to keep my anger contained. Prince Brendan wasn't actually helping my emotions either. Riling me while I was angry is an unwise choice.

"Do you not have any human ethics?"

Confused, I questioned him, "What do human ethics have to do with this?"

Idiotic question. My knees gave in, I had to sit. I crossed my arms and waited for him to continue with his so-called lecture. This was unbearable. It really was. I had better things to do with my time. Now that my boys were here I could've been reading books and arguing about scholarly topics with Alex. I could've been continuing my archery and fencing lessons with James. Marcus could've assisted me with mischievous pranks. I could've been practicing my dancing lessons with Sebastian.

It's a brain full, I must admit. But Father and Uncle Eugene thought I was a great idea for a seventeen year old, like myself to ask upon her dear Quadruplet cousins for life long lessons that would help me with my future and whatnot.

But I'm stuck in this dark, humid study discussing something with the Prince. "Answer my so-called idiotic question."

"Your Majesty, can you please stop that?" I blurted out, I had no choice. I had enough of him reading my thoughts.

"Stop what?" he asked, looking at me in misperception.

"Being in my thoughts."

He grinned, eyeing me with delight. "Missy, have you been thinking about me?"

I groaned in defeat. It was no use; taking to this boy was like talking to an animal. "That came out wrong. Can you please continue with what you wanted to talk about?"

"Yes...that's right. What I wanted to talk about." He replied, still making it obvious that he was thinking about what I had said earlier.

He stood up and placed his hands in the pockets of his pants. "You have to know some basic human decorum."

What? Human decorum? I scoffed, I didn't want it to sound pretentious but Prince Brendan was in no place to tell me what I have to know. I raised my head and rolled me eyes at him. You? Telling me? Please...don't make me laugh.

"I am in the right place of telling you this because I am the Prince and First Son of Kalkaska and I don't want our guest embarrassing us." He informed me, while straightening out his collar.

I really need to keep count of this. The number of times he answered my unasked questions. I unclenched my fists and fanned myself.

==========================================================

EXO FIGHTING!

Please continue to vote, comment and follow. I am so thankful for you guys. <3